Somewhere In The Night

Somewhere In The Night

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

for the Beauty In The Darkness contest

"

 

Out of the black soul of night

she is disguised as a child of the wind

in search of a grain of compassion

amongst the dirt of human tragedy.

 

Slipping through the trees like the breeze

till a tranquil sound that has haunted her dreams

drew her closer and closer that it felt

like a spell had been cast upon her wings

bringing her to the raging river

of every living soul's tears.

 

Curiosity drew her nearer

as she studied the flow

that brought about an eerie but peaceful feeling

as the pain that filled the currents

somehow also seemed so serene

in the reflection of the moons mystical beams.

 

She felt the rush of the water

caress her fingertips they tingled

and a single tear trickled down her cheek

for now she knew just why

humans must cry.

 

So to the heavens she returned

with joy in her heart

realizing humanity is still alive.

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I've read a fair amount of your work and this is amongst the best...Complex interwoven melodies and yet a smooth read and resolution of a mystery. When we cannot cry we are in that darkest night of the soul where even God appears as a devilish knave. Our genuine tears and humility are the cure...for everything. Super!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

As always such a deep thought provoking piece. The depths in which you take my own thoughts is always a treat feeling an understanding of your own thoughts and see how you see the world a bit here. There is still humanity unfortunately we have to dig through a lot of s**t to find it some times. But your words always seem to hold a key to the fundamental aspect of the truth that humanity still exist.


Great Job!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, Dale, this was very mesmerize piece. It drew me right in. The imagery was incredible and it flowed beautifully. I too can relate to the first part. You have some really amazing lines in here and the whole piece tells such a touching story! A really insightful and brilliant write!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I think our raw innocence that is at our core is what keeps us going in those"dark nights of the soul", I know that's what I've felt. So I related to the first part from the get go. You just want to experience that touch of human compassion so you know there are others that feel as you, so you know you can relate and are still alive. You reach out. That's what keeps you searching til you find it. Oh to be touched and refreshed, but the intensity can overwhelm your emotions. The compassion you now feel again! To live again, out in the light, out away from the dark night....
What an awesome and beautiful piece. The ending has a peace that washes over it all.
Thanks for sharing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I agree with what your other reviewers have said as well. It's really wonderful to be able to watch you continue to grow and progress as a writer. You just get better and better and better.

I really love the story you weave in this poem. How at first it's a sad story, but as we read on it becomes more and more joyful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I agree with Robin! Bravo, Cowboy! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Yes this is another different taste from you as you go beyond borders. What does this say about humans when one must seek something good among all the bad we do. Great lyrics or words that dance together formaing a wonderful picture in my mind!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Well, the first verse I was thinking, "This is me, how did he know? Disguised as a child of the wind searching for a grain of compassion in the dirt of human tragedy..." I feel like I'm doing that all the time.
Then she feels the pain of the river of tears in her fingertips. Great imagery. It's like a story that I want to keep going...
Such a captivating poem. Oh, to capture my tears in a bottle...that's how Job felt.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I have read it four times and appreciate it more w/ each reading. I lost the meaning as I kept the flow going the first couple of times. It's a good poem and the first verse is fantastic.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow...I got so lost in the imagery taking me through the forest to a river that I almost didn't pay attention to the meaning of the poem. Super, super write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful, Dale. One of my many favorite writes of yours. I was able to imagine it happening inside my mind with this fantasy. Marvelous write.

Lots of luck on the contest!
~*Anna Rose*~

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1833 Views
46 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on May 27, 2008
Last Updated on March 4, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing