Twisted Mask (Thoughts Of A True Madman)

Twisted Mask (Thoughts Of A True Madman)

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Inspired by my favorite book Phantom Of The Opera.

"

  

  

 

These catwalks have become

A sanctuary for my shadow

To roam free from torment

As I keep a steady eye

On the unsuspecting characters

In my twisted play.

 

How can those pitiful fools

Believe they own the stage

When it is I,

With my own sweat and blood

That made this place

What it is

What I want it to be.

 

Soon they will learn

Or it will be

Their blood

That will become

My lifeline.

 

The night is my only friend

For it is when my music

Takes flight

Blissfully echoing

Through the corridors

Sung by my greatest creation…

 

Christine… the one who will love me forever

Because she owes me…

As do the rest of these ungrateful fools.

 

Wait who is this insolent boy

Who courts my lady’s affections

Oh when will they learn

That to betray me

Means the hangman’s noose.

 

This cannot be…

How can she be?

It isn’t possible.

Her love belongs to

 

ME!!

 

This will never happen

For I won’t let it be…

If he wants her so bad

And she desires him

Then the choice is clear.

 

If I can't capture her heart

Then I must steal her…

 

Oh and let her charming hero

Come after her and he’ll be the martyr

In my torture chamber.

 

Someday they will learn

 

Yes someday they will see…

That this is my world

They are living in

And if they refuse to bow to my religion

Then they can burn in my hell.

 

Consider me nothing more than

A Phantom…

 

When in reality I am

 

The GOD of this Opera House.

 

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


Author's Note

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
This is inspired by my favorite book Phantom Of The Opera... it takes a look through the eyes of the phantom as I see it. I hope you enjoy my interpretation.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yes someday they will see�

That this is my world

They are living in

And if they refuse to bow to my religion

Then they can burn in my hell.



Wow~ this blew me away~Aptly Titled~Twisted Mask of... this is an Awesome!!! and Powerful piece~

What madness in thoughts truly lurks

behind the Twisted Mask of the Phantom~ A power-packed write taking the reader there

into the madness of the Phantom's world~THanks, Dale, for submitting this skillfully penned poem

to the Masquerade Ball Contest~

Fran Marie





Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh, yes, I love your interpretation! I absolutely adore the Phantom of the Opera and think it's interesting to see life through the Phantom's eyes because he is so often pegged as the "bad guy," when really he is suffering from a fate that is questionably the making of his own faults.
I like the emotion as well; it makes this piece special and authentic. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh! And I do see the connection with the Phantom of the Opera. I just couldn't help but personalize it:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This one has me taken back a few steps, where my worries rise as I hear the voice that speaks these words and it is he who has won out in the end. A very realistic poem full of the true emotion that is felt when love becomes overwhelming and the one caught in the middle is just a pawn.
Great right, even if this may have seemed a negative review, please know that it is not. You are very well versed, a talented writer indeed.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dale, this moves with such drama and style and I love the
insights, all that is seen through the eyes of the phantom.
Wonderful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow! Very Dramatic... you can feel the intensity of this piece! Magnificent from "begining to end"...The first stanza captivated me and took me into the mind of a Madman. Excellent write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I see that the majority of the reviewers here are ladies Well here is another masculine view of your poem.
I too like Maggie have the play, the book and the move as one of my favorites.
and with her I agree that you captured the esscence of the novel. However I must disagreee with your assement that the novel is darker than the the play or movie I find them all equeally dark It is true that the novel goes into more detail but all in all I find them same each powerfully entertaining in their own right.
Still your poem has captured all of the ambiance of the story well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I absolutely adore the phantom of the opera! The play, movie, all the songs, heck the whole shebang! This piece made me see through the eyes of the man behind the mask, what he was feeling. And may I say you hit it square on? I picture him as a man who loves fiercely, with such great passion that nothing stands in his way. Psst, he's the one I rooted for the whole time in the play.

Great piece here me guy

Mags xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this was brilliant and magnificent writing..powerful and dramatic...this stirred emotion....excellent writing...

Posted 13 Years Ago


The Phantom is such an enduring literary character, isn't he? The perpetual motif for everyman - don't we all have two faces, one of which it's safer to hide? Don't we all long for love, so often forbidden that the emotions we experience have to be confined to the dungeons of our psyches?

I know why it's your favourite.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3395 Views
103 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 13 Libraries
Added on June 11, 2008
Last Updated on May 30, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..