A Message To The Sea

A Message To The Sea

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

A collaboration with Kara Emily Krantz... the female perspectives are in blue.

"

To the Sea:

 

I’m sending out a plea for help

I'm sending out a prayer of safety

Not for me, but the one I lost.

Not for me, but the one I let slip away.

Separated now by this cold, cold war.

Separated now by cold, distant shores.

 

My love is frozen in time.

And now I can't melt the distance between us

I’m stranded in a foreign land

He's in unknown places, without the comfort of my hand.

 

Alone, I remain along the isolated shoreline of my heart.

I can only stand here and place my feet along the water's edge

If only I knew she were there, somewhere

And pray he feels me somewhere, here…

Awaiting my arms to pull her into forever

For all I want is to feel forever in his embrace.

 

Then I’d have the strength to find a way home

Bring him home to me.

For without my soul’s companion

For without him

I have no will to return.

It's too hard a lesson to learn.

 

I should have said goodbye.

 

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


Author's Note

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
I want to thank Kara for agreeing to do this collaboration with me, she is one of the sweetest people and most talented writers I know... I enjoyed working on this with her, it was fun.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Fabulous you two! You worked very well together... :)

You know, this touches me personally with my son in law deployed to Iraq and my daughter and grandkids suffering over his absence daily and her being in a constant state of worry. She jumps everytime the doorbell rings.... doesn't like to answer the phone... it's just horrible. And this is only one family... there are thousands. This has to end.

You have captured the emotion and thought very well. BRAVO!!



Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

now this is an awesome piece !! I was caught by the title because I love everything ocean.. but I see the content is rather about a missing soul mate.. it's touching and wonderfully written. the idea of a collaboration intrigues me.. I admit Albert and I have done small collaborations but nothing that i feel can be shared here..lol too naughty hahaha but this is wonderful and even alone each persons poetry could stand beautifully in its own right. but to reflect the male and female perspectives.. well i can't say enough.. i loved it !! it's going into my faves..lol

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great job guys!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is almost an operatic duet and, I can hear the music!

The two of you have written such plaintiff words, so sad, so much longing. And, you've managed to compliment each other's metre or/and worked together very carefully.

I won't pick out 'best bits' because you worked as a couple.. all that needs to be said is that you've both created a very touching and skilful piece of work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow - this is amazing! the desperation from each side so permeates this piece that the reader can't help but be affected - you've captured the fear, loneliness and helplessness from both sides of the coin here - great job by you both!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well done you two. collaborative efforts are like two dancing partners. One is completely dependant on the other. Very nicely done indeed.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You both worked so perfectly together. I love to see when to writers I respect so much can come together and put together a piece of writing that flows so perfectly. Regrets lay in the shadows of us all and remain there to haunt our future. It is a hard thing to over come and even hard thing to try to see past moving forward. I love the way this read like a whispering voice that is there to just remind us of life.


Great Job to you both!!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What an awesome blending of ink from two pens. The flow was wonderful and the subject held my interest from start to finish almost had me wanting to jump ahead to read faster... Wonderful job you two.
Hugs
D

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

An amazing collaboration that speaks volumes. Magnificent, in the form, the imagery, but most importantly, the message.

Brava, to both of you!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The talent of two brilliant writers definetly shows in this, Awesome job guys!



~*Anna Rose*~

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

wow this is wonderful write i really like the compassion and loving words so dear to find the lost soul the one that was truly loved and missed great job man this is perfectly penned i could not have said this poem any better then you have ty for sharing it with me....Belinda

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1572 Views
42 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on June 15, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing