Gasoline And Beer

Gasoline And Beer

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Please think before drinking and driving

"

  

Guzzle guzzle

Into the tank

Ignite the horsepower

Accelerate and go

Pedal to the medal

Ride on.

 

Guzzle guzzle

Down the throat

Having a good time

Without a care

Feel the buzz

Party on.

 

Enjoy the open road

Enjoy a cold brew

Just don’t mix them together

It’s a dangerous combination.

 

For each one is powerful liquid

That can lead to excitement

But mixing gasoline and beer

Is just like playing with fire

With pedestrians and motorist

Becoming the kindling

And your living hell

Will never freeze over.

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I wish I had read this before I made some of the choices I made... Of course it took a wet road, 3 beers and an oak tree to wake me up. That commercial is very true: "Buzzed driving is drunk driving." I was lucky that the only thing that was killed was my buzz and my wallet. I didn't even get a DUI; the breathalyzer came back below the limit, but I know the alcohol caused the accident.

The way you put it into verse was fantastic. It imparts an awesome message and if it is remembered by one person who chooses to call a cab instead of chancing it, then this poem will serve its purpose nobly. Wonderful job (:

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
so true..the title is so catchy! How many people have lost lives through this stupidity. one relevant and strong message!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the technical layout of the piece.......eye catching.
And the topic yes I have to agree .........never enough said.

Posted 13 Years Ago


so true the two never mix- you should send this to MADD and let them post it on there website.
nice writing, too

Posted 13 Years Ago


I loved the concept of this poem; don't mix gasoline and beer. A powerful poem with an important message. This problem has been going on for too long, but there is no easy solution. Even those breath things that they put in repeat offenders cars don't always work; I knew someone who would take a spouse along everywhere to breathe in the machine. The only resolution is just don't do it and don't let any of your friends or family do it. I would rather call the cops on a loved one, than attend their funeral after they have wrapped themselves around a tree.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beer and a road trip. Being young and foolish. Even then we had one person not drinking. The days of youth and never ending celebration of being alive. A excellent poem. Took me back 33 years.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


The last part to me, is such a big symbolism of "freeze" as in stop, or be stopped to an ending that has no nice consequence. A lot of good people die each day because of drinking and driviing. There was this young basebal player in L.A. that died recently because of such. It makes me mad,


-----mishel

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm suddenly thirsty. How wrong is that? Nevermind.. I don't drink booze anymore anyway.
yep... never a good idea! Keep the good messages coming!!

this actually brought to mind a terrible letter I once read in an Ann Landers column I think. A sad story about a man leaving for work and his wife coming out the door with his forgotten lunch. She passes out on the porch. When he goes to her he sees what made her pass out..... a young girl still attached to the grill of his car from his drunk driving the night before. A very tragic true tale. I have more... but I'll spare you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yeah, the underlying message feels like it's coming from experience. But it's quick and direct, to the point which is unfortunately a reflection of such an event itself. Good writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Great message involved. So many lives taken by such stupidity.

Nicely done, Dale.
Rayne

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2172 Views
57 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 12, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..