Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Gasoline And Beer

Gasoline And Beer

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Please think before drinking and driving

"

  

Guzzle guzzle

Into the tank

Ignite the horsepower

Accelerate and go

Pedal to the medal

Ride on.

 

Guzzle guzzle

Down the throat

Having a good time

Without a care

Feel the buzz

Party on.

 

Enjoy the open road

Enjoy a cold brew

Just don’t mix them together

It’s a dangerous combination.

 

For each one is powerful liquid

That can lead to excitement

But mixing gasoline and beer

Is just like playing with fire

With pedestrians and motorist

Becoming the kindling

And your living hell

Will never freeze over.

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I wish I had read this before I made some of the choices I made... Of course it took a wet road, 3 beers and an oak tree to wake me up. That commercial is very true: "Buzzed driving is drunk driving." I was lucky that the only thing that was killed was my buzz and my wallet. I didn't even get a DUI; the breathalyzer came back below the limit, but I know the alcohol caused the accident.

The way you put it into verse was fantastic. It imparts an awesome message and if it is remembered by one person who chooses to call a cab instead of chancing it, then this poem will serve its purpose nobly. Wonderful job (:

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

GREAT POEM, GREAT MESSAGE! I am so glad you wrote this, Dale...You rock!
If just one person can benefit from this piece, you've done your job, excellent :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You know, I've heard all kind of "lecturings" about drinking and driving, but you've made it far more interesting. I mean, the kids don't listen to anyone who speak about drinking, smoking, doing drugs, and so on, yet they went on and done them anyway. Why? Very simple, the lecturings weren't "entertainment" enough for them to listen and learn. Somehow, this piece you've created; It sure will affect the young readers for sure...

On the other hand, it's all still great tho and I'm pretty sure that the kids will be more than happy to listen to you...


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

awesome message. very smoothly and bluntly put I agree... If only people would listen.

great write!
God Bless
-m

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this message you are sending here. You wrote this well. Powerful and fun to read.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

BRAVO! A great poem and much needed subject matter to be brought out. As for the poem itself, I loved the fow and the ryhme and your words played like a fiddle. You wrote this to where anyone of any age could understand it and hopefully pay attention and learn the lesson before it's to late. I take a personal interestest in this subject matter as it has affected my family. The drunk driver was a 16 year old boy who had just gotten his license that very day...he ran his car up into a schoolyard at recess time and pinned my little neice against the brick wall of the school. Thank God she is alive and walking today but it could have had a much different ending! Thank you for writing about such and important subject and for a wonderfully written poem. Congrats My Friend. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like it. It sends a good message to everyone. Now, If only I had a car....or was 21....I could heed the warning. Plus, it's not just about drinking and driving. I mean, yeah, thats part of it, but there are alot more vehicles that just cars that run on gasoline. There are motorcycles, atvs, jet skies, and a lot of others. So saying gasoline covers a vast range of stuff. More people will be able to relate with it. That's cool.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

excellent! this would make a great song for a public safety commercial.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

amazing poem!!!
I love the message!!
Great write!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What an interesting poem it has a message and yet still a playful in its wording. Gasoline alone can be a dangerous liquid it all depends on who is behind the wheel.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
O!
I really like how u did the first 2 stanzas..that was very clever...

definitely a msg. that needs to be spread.

x,
O!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2172 Views
57 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 12, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..