Reading Is Believing

Reading Is Believing

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

Read it… don’t believe it

 

Through the lying eyes

 

Of false prophets

 

Telling silicone prayers.

 

Only darkness deals in fear

 

Using pagan mind games

 

 Making faith your weakness

 

not your strength,

 

Remember…

 

God turns on the light

 

So you can find

 

The power within.

 

The pages of faith

 

Turned to unholy ashes

 

By the brimstone and fire

 

Of the serpent’s breath

 

Baring false witness.

 

So many religions

 

Each made by man

 

But only one bible

 

Interpreted by man.

 

So to be truly saved

 

By God’s grace

 

It’s time to read it

 

Then just believing

 

The word of man.

 

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


Author's Note

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
Let me state this is not bout all religions... I had a discussion with someone and talked bout how some are cult like where there use absolutes and fear to keep you... I won't say the ones I think are out of respect.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh, I have seen the hell and brimstone, and the grace, and the you can do anything, and the liberals, and the fundamentalists, the occult, the new age,.....have run the gamut, and I have by the grace of God come to understand that it is the love and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ that is the answer for me! We must each discover and discern, and discern, and discern that which is truth, as much appears to be truth as spit out from the false prophets with words that lead us to believe they have the answers and not our one and only true God!
I can relate to this, and I appreciate your note.....fear does not hold us, but truth does.
Blessings,
Sheila


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

scare tactics are not warranted when it comes to religion...that is not the practice of teaching love for fellow man...

not what it is all about..but then i am not for organized religion...i was raised catholic, but disagree now with much of what they are all about..

man has taken many liberties when it comes to god, organized religion...and who is right in the end.

my belief...it is between god and me.

but that is just my two cents.


jacob

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Amen to that... I was raised Catholic too and have checked out other religion and they are all the s.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
PP
Awesome message here Dale:) I always share the view that Religion is a way of life, guides people towards good, etc etc. Religion itself is man-made. Bible itself or any other holy book is written by man to give people reference to humble and meaningful living. Finding meaning in life, trusting or believing in something or someone is independent of religion. Hence, faith itself is a standalone premise.

I am a Hindu, the oldest religion still in practice. In Hinduism there are many Gods because it is hard to claim that God is just one person. Often various manifestation of the nature makes Hindu gods. There is no fixed book that needs to be followed neither is there a fixed way to do it. God is within each one of us, that is the prime belief. It is all about humanity.

Posted 11 Years Ago


PP

11 Years Ago

Also yes reading is believing, understanding religion whatever it is in one's own way is the best!
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review and insight... you are right, it all comes down to humanity.
PP

11 Years Ago

My pleasure Dale..thank you for sharing this piece!
This is so insightful. I find it interesting that people are so often against religion or other religions ... but they base their opinions on what someone else said rather than becoming educated on their own. How can you say, 'I don't believe in the bible' if you've never actually READ it? Or even cracked a page?

I can never deny what I know to be true or the things that I've felt and seen and been told in my talks with God.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Definitely powerful and certainly true. All the religion is killing faith. Well and strongly stated.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
True religion lies within...i feel that in the end we're all wrong. Just some will be closer to the truth than others. This is a Great and most interesting piece, Dale. I love the thought provoking power this possesses.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A Brilliant Mind.. on paper. Who can cast the first stone..on this masterpiece! Not me! I sin and so I say...this is amazing good..! aw.. Ma' boy!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Powerful write!

Very well written and straight to the point.

Flowed very nicely.

I can't wait to read more from you!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is extremely powerful and profound. You reveal what tends to get blocked. False friends and words can lead us down dingy roads. God calls us to see the light. We bring all the lessons learned to help others in need. I was really amazed to see this from you and showcases your broad talents!
Be blessed!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a great write from such a wise man!! Nice!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AG
i absolutely agree with the religious implications of this poem. what stirs me is the message that it brings and not exactly its artistry. its very rare to stumble upon works that bear more insight than poetic or literary value.congratulations!

i love how your take on religion and/or religious fanaticism sound so brilliant in very few, choice and strong words. simply perfect how you've tackled issues that most people are even scared to contemplate about.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

994 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 6, 2009
Last Updated on June 25, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing