Angel In The Dark

Angel In The Dark

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

In the midst of a bad dream

That has crossed the line to reality,

Shadows linger, taunt, tease…

Whispering in your ear

The price you pay for sacrifice

Though no deal with the devil

Was ever made.

Flesh is now scorched

From hell’s wrath,

The smell attacks

Your greatest sense

Bringing back forbidden recollections

Now the burn is like a tattoo

From a night of too much drinking.

 

Beyond the realm of human sight

Yet seen by blind faith

There is a slight flicker…

Faint, but more than enough

For the soft embers is a burning belief

Casting light like a beacon

Upon a prayer that seemed lost at sea.

 

In the darkness

An angel finds this

Message in a bottle.

 

In the darkness

One angel sees… reads… believes…

 

In the darkness

This angel sacrifices

Its heavenly sight so you can see

That there still is life

Beneath the ruble and ashes of the past.

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The imagery in this poem paint a picture in my mind of a man lost sitting on top of a cliff in the desert, praying hoping for an ending to the pain that has come from the past. Then an angel appears in white robes with black wings to help ease the pain. great write my friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love the imagery in this.It was amazing. Of course i love all your writing. Keep writing : ) I look foward to reading your new works

Posted 13 Years Ago


Just breathtaking!! This is a truly beautiful piece. I really love the last five lines it is something I can kind of relate to. AMAZING write as always!!!

Voice


Posted 13 Years Ago


Great piece! We can be our own worst enemy quite often.

"That there still is life
Beneath the ruble and ashes of the past."

One can only hope. Long haul getting there. Beautiful write.



Posted 13 Years Ago


The imagery in this poem paint a picture in my mind of a man lost sitting on top of a cliff in the desert, praying hoping for an ending to the pain that has come from the past. Then an angel appears in white robes with black wings to help ease the pain. great write my friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Poetry is measured by the ability, which the reader is moved, either in a positive or negative way. Personally, i don't focus on the technical side of writing, rather the emotional side. Reading this poem, i, as the reader, am being constantly reminded that one can find someone, who is willing to go out of their way to help. I have been there, where a helping hand has appeared without asking and gladly accepted. If we are willing to accept their offer. Thank you for sharing this poem with us.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What an amazing poem! Beautifully written, and a wonderful read! Great details, descriptions, and a fantastic poem! I really enjoyed reading this! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


When you know you're protected by Him and His Army of Angels, there's no greater peace one can have! An absolute wonderful piece with a life saving message!!! Fantastic poem!!

Gus O.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I think the meaning behind this is great, the blend of dream and reality, the line is a blur. Its pretty clear that the main character of this poem is a trainwreck caught in a nightmare. One suggestion I have is I had a bit of a problem with the flow of the words, the lines alone were very good...but a little more flow. I loved the first stanza actually but I thought the last line could have been a little more subtle, more mystery (to follow the manner of the rest of the poem). And actually I really liked the simplicity and light of the third stanza.
Overall good work, keep it up :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Lovely poem about hope and redemption.. that one angel, earthly or heavenly can change a life.

Wonderful phrases, intense and powerful yet gentle.

'For the soft embers is a burning belief ~ Casting light like a beacon ~ Upon a prayer that seemed lost at sea.'

Thank you for sharing your thoughts in such a finely formatted, the ending is particularly special


Posted 14 Years Ago


Nice, though I felt the title was cliche.

Corrections:

Second stanza, line four -- "than" not then

Last stanza, line three -- "its" not it's ...

Its - possessive pronoun; it modifies a noun.
It's - contraction of it is or it has.

Otherwise, a decent read though its foundation is somewhat elusive.





Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

815 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 1, 2009
Last Updated on August 4, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sun Dried Sun Dried

A Poem by Bubo


Demented Demented

A Poem by Jason