Storm Of The Century

Storm Of The Century

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

How can ancient history still effect tomorrow

"

  

I know that twinkle in your eye

Is only the calm before the storm

For I have come to learn

Your heart is a hurricane.

Cause many times I have witness

My own suffocation

Through the touch of your lips.

Once again tornado thoughts

Throw me into spiral madness

Of yesterdays mistakes

And into the realm

Of subconscious damnation.

So I pay the piper for a song

I have never heard

Yet can hum by heart

Leaving me wishing my feelings

Were out of tune.

How can a storm from a century ago

Still cause damage in todays

Changing climate.

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Storms intrigue me and scare me all at once. We need them sometimes to clear out the air and blow away the bad stuff. We also need them to water our crops.

In life, we need them to learn lessons and whatnot, but sometimes and some of them can cause so much destruction we are left asking, "What's the point?" And sometimes we never figure it out.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow...I really like this piece. It is so insightful into the human heart/mind. Yet, it can have such a wider meaning than just the here and now with the far reaching effects of ancient history. Love your metaphor usage of a hurricane.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very detailed and metaphorical to the ladies heart. so soft yet you know when she's hurt or not okay, that she may be okay now, but only worst when she breaks down. great imagery and feeling through out the lines. very beautiful and simply a understanding piece of work. great job dude.

-Will

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have read a lot of your work .. this is my favorite
So I pay the piper for a song

I have never heard

Yet can hum by heart
great line.. I want to hear it sang.. although it reads well ..

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
---
I love your free verse. I have to say that you are, indeed, one of the best free verse poets I have read on here. :)

Now, anyways, about the poem.

Your heart is a hurricane.
Cause many times I have witness
My own suffocation

Great, pure truth. I can really relate to this poem...partly because it has inflicted me, partly because it is something that I have done. (At least I can recognize it myself.)

~Phoenix~

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Men and women both put their heart's on the line any many, many times get heart as a result. Trust me dear cowboy I know this all to well. Doesn't it create a vicious circle? I mean, it gets harder and harder to do each time until finally, we can't do it again. But to give up hope when that is what we desire the strongest is impossible, too. So what do we do? I'm sorry you know this kind of pain, I wish it on no one, not ever.
Feel better soon even though it might be an older ache, obviously it's a deep one.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hmm...the font was too small--I couldn't read it.

*pause for giggles*

:P Just KIDDING!! LoLz. Only teasing you!! *hugz* Okay, and onto the review.....!!

^.^ Why can't more men be in touch with their feelies like you are??? This was a sweet poem. I may be reading it way off, but to me it sounds like a long-ago lover popping back up into view. ^.^ Always fun, the hot and steamy re-get-together!!

-.- Not that I'd know...but it SOUNDS hot and steamy...for the record.



Posted 14 Years Ago


The storms of life, being caught up in a relationship where the other person does not know what they want. Their heart is one bit emotional storm. But they beckon and you keep coming back for more of the same mistreatment. Your heart hears a melody that is not being played in hers. You dance to her tune and in the end pay with the emotional hurt she inflicts on you. You wish the feelings would subside, but everytime your feelings start to cool down, she once again invites you to dance. Beautiful romantic work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


an excellent piece, your metephor between the two were perfect
I think like any natural disaster in our histoyr, a change has occured from it
like, cause and effect! same thing, its all the same heartache is just another
form of natural disaster.. the clean up is the hardest part and the devastation
it leaves behind.. I really love this,, going to put it in my favorites!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Why, Oh why must other unsuspecting people pay for anothers crimes. Too many people never heal from their hurts or wrongs and carry them over from person to person. how unfair to the recipient. This is a greatn and well written piece. More people need to read and realize the damage they inflict on others from their own dirty baggage. good Job!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well written and expressed. It is amazing how the effects of the past still can linger with you in the future. Nicely done. Excellent in fact.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

848 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 2, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..