Storm Of The Century

Storm Of The Century

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

How can ancient history still effect tomorrow

"

  

I know that twinkle in your eye

Is only the calm before the storm

For I have come to learn

Your heart is a hurricane.

Cause many times I have witness

My own suffocation

Through the touch of your lips.

Once again tornado thoughts

Throw me into spiral madness

Of yesterdays mistakes

And into the realm

Of subconscious damnation.

So I pay the piper for a song

I have never heard

Yet can hum by heart

Leaving me wishing my feelings

Were out of tune.

How can a storm from a century ago

Still cause damage in todays

Changing climate.

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Storms intrigue me and scare me all at once. We need them sometimes to clear out the air and blow away the bad stuff. We also need them to water our crops.

In life, we need them to learn lessons and whatnot, but sometimes and some of them can cause so much destruction we are left asking, "What's the point?" And sometimes we never figure it out.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I return to read words of poetic wisdome from one of my favorite writers. The ink still flows smooth through your pen.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Divine

Posted 14 Years Ago


Had to read this twice, unsure whether or not you're writing about a storm or passion, both tossing up strong feelings, 'Once again tornado thoughts ~ Throw me into spiral madness ~ Of yesterdays mistakes'
I'm still not sure, maybe this is metaphorical, 'Reader, interpret how you want!'

Weather whips through time, reactions like chains, just as passion and love do .. we see what happens when there's frenzied activity, sometimes we learn from it, sometimes we don't.

Whatever you mean to say, this is wonderful writing, finely formatted and well worth thinking and thinking about.

Just read it again .. pretty sure it's about passion .. if not, it should and could be! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh such sadness flows from this piece.. have to learn to embrace that hurricane.. that passion resides in a great poet's heart.. the power used just as you have here.. for something deeper with more purpose. I liked the metaphor here .. of the storm from a century ago can still cause damage in today's changing climate.. cause the reality is.. whether we like it or not.. there are some changes coming! Also don't we all wish we were out of tune.. in just that fantasy world sometimes.. and yes we do go there too! I loved the entire piece.. it was very humbling and honest! Thank you for sharing..=)

Posted 14 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

848 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 2, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..