I'm Not Afraid

I'm Not Afraid

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

I’m not afraid of my heart

Just scared of my heartbeat,

Trying to figure out what it means

When there is no one to listen.

 

I’m not afraid of living

But frightened of my life,

Knowing the longer it goes on

The better chance I get it wrong.

 

I’m not afraid of death

Simply uncertain of dying,

Wonder what the future holds

For a rebel spirit in the afterlife.

 

I’m not afraid of who I am

Just fearful of whom I want to be

Cause I am still apprehensive

Of who I use to be.

 

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You are just becoming a better poet with each passing day, aren't you? This is beautiful and straight from the heart. I think alot of people have the same fears. Not where they are, but where their life is stearing them. There a fear of acceptance and exposing yourself. This was so well written. Flawless really.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

True human emotions from a person doing some internal inspections of self, in this process we find ourselves and the strength to answer these questions our self by facing the fear they produce in us. We are often harder on our own character than people are, we tend to hang on to the bad parts of us while others see the good that shines in our hearts. In the end these two will meet and in that moment we will be exposed for us to know who we really are inside and out. I am sure their is a place in the afterlife for a rebel who embraced life so blazingly. Great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A poem i missed while gone - it is really good ..
not afraid of my heart-just scared of my heartbeat- great line as is
not afraid of who i am .. who i used to be... that is to me profound.
One of your best ...

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting style .. a lot in this line of questions and concerns ... I'm glad that you are not afraid of life ... Good work
Greetings:) Jola

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Past, present and future - time, all rolled in one, creates who and what a person is, we live throught it, learn through it, surely.

'I’m not afraid of living ~ But frightened of my life, ~ Knowing the longer it goes on ~ The better chance I get it wrong.'

Your poem's one of the best I've read about self-assessment, about one's desires and fears. Maybe what really counts is how a person is at the now and whether or not a secret satisfaction steps in that self isn't too bad, warts and all.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think you've really exposed yourself when you wrote this poem. Risky bold move, giving us raw and honest poetry to read. Love it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


we hold our old selves like a cold comforter on warm skin....so true

Posted 13 Years Ago


I FEEL this one. You've put to words exactly what I feel like at this moment in time ... so much that can't be put to words. Except, I guess it can. You are amazing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Dale,

This one is hard-hitting. Sort of conflicted. The whole poem is great. You focused like a laser on this write. I love EVERY line, brother.

Pat

Posted 13 Years Ago


i didnt know i felt this way til i saw you write it....
are you in my head?
i loved it...
cause i am still apprehensive of who i use"d" to be.... (missing the d)
isn't life ironic...we dream or fear of what we can become and romanticize our past...we forget to be present ....why do we do that?

lets just be be be be be :D
hugs

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2863 Views
58 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 12 Libraries
Added on November 4, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing