I'm Not Afraid

I'm Not Afraid

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

I’m not afraid of my heart

Just scared of my heartbeat,

Trying to figure out what it means

When there is no one to listen.

 

I’m not afraid of living

But frightened of my life,

Knowing the longer it goes on

The better chance I get it wrong.

 

I’m not afraid of death

Simply uncertain of dying,

Wonder what the future holds

For a rebel spirit in the afterlife.

 

I’m not afraid of who I am

Just fearful of whom I want to be

Cause I am still apprehensive

Of who I use to be.

 

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You are just becoming a better poet with each passing day, aren't you? This is beautiful and straight from the heart. I think alot of people have the same fears. Not where they are, but where their life is stearing them. There a fear of acceptance and exposing yourself. This was so well written. Flawless really.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I am speechless infron t of such pure Art. Here lies a poet true to the cause.
Simply beautiful

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"I'm not afraid of who I am
Just fearful of whom I want to be.."

So many people can relate to this poem on so many different levels. I love the way you word everything. If this is one of your fears though, it shouldn't be! You are amazingly talented and a great person.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a great poem and I can really relate. I think a lot of us...more like 90% of us have these fears and questions. This is a very beautiful write I truly love what you have done here.

Voice


Posted 14 Years Ago


This was so easy to read and relate to, I love it when writers share a piece of thier heart and soul. Im sure there is a special place just for you in the afterlife....I look forward to seeing you there someday :) Thank you for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

excellent! don't be afraid dale! you are a brave warrior! lol. i loved this piece, your talent shines!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow....just wow...this is amazing! The uncertainty of who you want to be/act and how you really are is just....amazing lol. I can't think of how to say this in words! Great writing keep it coming:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, this poem is truly amazing! It makes people want to relate to your poem! Great job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A fine way to be. Fear holds us back from living and being ourselves. Yet on the other hand, the absence of caution can lead to disasters of a differrent kind. Balance best?

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A deep thought provoking piece~ I think many ponder these
perspectives on life and wonder just what the afterlife does
hold in store, but in the end I guess we've nothing to
fear but fear itself, what will be will be~ Great Pen!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Reading and rereading this poem, i am struck by, how close it hits home with my personal experiences and the way that i view life. Wish i could be more analytical, but i would be trying to dissect something that is intangible and not easily understood. Thank you for sharing this very personal poem with us.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2867 Views
58 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 12 Libraries
Added on November 4, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing