Stone Cold Break

Stone Cold Break

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

Disintegrating thoughts

Put the pain in play.

Ashes scatter in the wind

Like childhood dreams

On graduation day.

Burned by the flame

Is easier said then done

When the chill of your lying breath

Put snowcaps on the heart.

Years of winters effects

Can’t be undone by a moment

Of the mid summer sun.

If thoughts of global warming

Turn into souls stealing prayers

It is time to seek refuge

Beneath a spiritual avalanche

For though it is set in stone

Least not forget

That even rock crumbles

When continually dropped

From the highest point.

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love the depth of meaning in this powerful piece. Such a story of the way life moves, through different stages, turbulent times, how some memories define lives and others seem to destroy the spirit. Yet in the end we are all vunerable no matter how strong we think we are....for in the end we are all ashes, and return to the earth...but the inpact we leave on the lives of our loved one's keeps us alive forever.

:)
kelli

Posted 14 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Your plain-spoken prose could inspire novelists.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Why thank you.
i think i felt a chill when i read "beneath a spiritual avalanche for though it is set in stone." i loved it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a very different writing from you, it is like you reached deep down into your soul and brought it out. It is not at all the way I thought it would be going from the title, yet it's well written. And as Kelli said very powerful! Sometimes I feel as though I am crumbling from being dropped, yet I am a strong rock (woman), so I shall stay together.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I don't comment on your work because I feel I'm not at the level to give the type of comments your work deserves. You are able to convey deep meaning with style that escapes me. Great work and I will continue to read your poems in the future.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Strong and emotional writing full of meaning. Dreams now destroyed and tossed to the wind to be carried away. Once burned do we return to the flame to be singed again. We can never be sure that something is forever and the disappointment of it not being so, creates a frosty chill upon the heart of the bearer of this misfortune. The constant denial of spirit cannot be revived by a brief moment of sunshine. The perpetual winter of frozen emotionshas done its damage. No matter how deeply thoughts, emotions and desires are carved in the stone, they can be quickly destroyed. Again you breathe life into words.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

great. reminded me of my poem, "incandescsene" but yours doesn't have a sensual feel. lol. i like the winter theme, and the strength of your words. def one i want to go back and read again later, and see what new idea comes up this time. great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a powerful write! Cant help but think..the bigger they are the harder they fall. Awesome title and poem, thank you for sharing...this one left me really thinking about the rocks in my life ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The ice cold dread of being hurt just screams out in this poem. You have a knack of putting people's fears and pain so simply yet beautifully. ..

'For though it is set in stone
Least not forget
That even rock crumbles
When continually dropped
From the highest point.;

Even the physically strongest person has fragility when it comes to another's mean actions ..

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and words, Dale.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice one here Cowboy! I like the hidden feelings in this. One has to really look at this and see what the persona is thinking, feeling.. I loved all the stanza's.. Yet what caught my attention is these few lines...

Turn into souls stealing prayers
It is time to seek refuge
Beneath a spiritual avalanche
~~~~~~

Least not forget
That even rock crumbles
When continually dropped
From the highest point.



And the ending.. Says so much when you really look at it. None of us are set in stone. Our lives change continually.. Like a clock ticking, moments pass, so does our time and the way we do things. They change along with the dawning of a new day!!!

Loved this!!!

Mags xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There is such pain in this piece. I can feel let down and disappointment through your words ... and extreme vulnerability. You've captured this very well.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1265 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 13, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..