Stone Cold Break

Stone Cold Break

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

Disintegrating thoughts

Put the pain in play.

Ashes scatter in the wind

Like childhood dreams

On graduation day.

Burned by the flame

Is easier said then done

When the chill of your lying breath

Put snowcaps on the heart.

Years of winters effects

Can’t be undone by a moment

Of the mid summer sun.

If thoughts of global warming

Turn into souls stealing prayers

It is time to seek refuge

Beneath a spiritual avalanche

For though it is set in stone

Least not forget

That even rock crumbles

When continually dropped

From the highest point.

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love the depth of meaning in this powerful piece. Such a story of the way life moves, through different stages, turbulent times, how some memories define lives and others seem to destroy the spirit. Yet in the end we are all vunerable no matter how strong we think we are....for in the end we are all ashes, and return to the earth...but the inpact we leave on the lives of our loved one's keeps us alive forever.

:)
kelli

Posted 14 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I read this more than once to understand the meaning,
but I found it a wonderful read.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
A
Love this! I read it a couple of times to fully get the meaning. What a great piece!

"That even rock crumbles
When continually dropped
From the highest point."

The ending really caught my attention and what a true statement it is. Once again...Great poem! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
If people would only first consider the consequences of their actions, including their words. Lies, deceit, all the hurts inflicted in one instance can take a lifetime to overcome. Never will the one being hurt ever be the same, again. Well penned, Dale. Very well, indeed. Perhaps some of the guilty ones will receive the message, here. Magnificent write! Bravo!!! I applaud you for being the voice for so many!

Posted 14 Years Ago


true.........for ultimately we are not as solid as we like to think we are.

Posted 14 Years Ago


very deep,, sad and full of pain, really great
write, this was so emotionally drowing..
I the ending.

That even rock crumbles
When continually dropped
From the highest point.

wonderful!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very powerful and certainly hits home. Everything has its breaking point, even if it takes a long time for casual but constant wear and tear. Great write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wonderful, the way this hits so hard with such excellent language.
i like it very much! very fine last line!

Posted 14 Years Ago


What profoundly spoken work about the chill of winter in our souls and the shadows that rest over us and hide us from the light. Absolutely beautiful and rich with depth of thought and feeling!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow ....

When the chill of your lying breath
Put snowcaps on the heart.

I love this sentence...says so much!! I also like the lesson you have at the end. That through struggle and hard work even stone can be fragile. Excellent...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow.. really profound.. as surely we are all like that rock.. some break quicker than others.. but even the strongest rocks are inclined to break when dropped again and again. The pain of losing one's dreams.. whether it be work, family or inspiration related.. to keep going for the gold but never reaching it.

We have all been born to a productive and economically sound period.. or at least it looked that way. Many families having cottages.. two cars.. 2 jobs and countless vacations and toys. Raised with fairy tales and with many marriages of that time surviving.. today's world is surely a crashing reality that not all things stay up... but it' s also a wakeup call that nothing in this world is perfect or indestructable.

A family of 5 could be sustained in the 50's off one income.. today most jobs are minimum wage .. takes two people and 3 jobs between two people to run a home and family of two in alot of cases.. your writing coming from what is now the minority.. (please don't yell at me for saying this people).. but the newest minority being a single white male... there's no box to check off for guys so I'm just saying it the way it is... I see many children without fathers living at home with them today not just because guys don't want to raise the children.. it's because they haven't the income to sustain a family.

This is alot longer than normal but it's because your words really hit home.. of what I think alot of people are feeling.. is it a growing population of people with depression, anxiety and mental issues.. or is the nation in a depression? That is an argument that's being battled by economists everywhere. Inflation just keeps rising.. but all they need to do is give you a ten cent raise for it not to be called a depression.. not a recession.. cause in a depression wages drop.. but consider that the cost of everything is going up so much more than wage. Thank you for sharing.. sorry for the long review!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1269 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 13, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..