Last In Line

Last In Line

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 

Every time I have tried

To be the romantic

And making the girl feel

Like my princess.

 

But just like clockwork

I get left behind

For the mean ogre

Under the bridge.

 

I am always last in line

Behind the bad guy.

Well now I am stepping out

To walk down a road…

 

Wide enough for one.

© 2010 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


Author's Note

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
Again this is not much, just expressing myself.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This woman honestly believes in "meant to be" now. If you haven't found THAT yet, none of the others are worth messing with, anyhow, tis true. However, you have to be out there and open to find her, your perfect other half.
Much love to you, my friend. Well expressed and I'm sad that you feel this.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Sorry Dale...but you nor anyone can predict the future.....so stop looking for that special someone and they will be all yours before you know it....Cos you CAN'T plan it !! Your heart is healing at this very moment...and will continue to do so....till your WOMAN arrives at your door...ready to jump right in to your, by then, very strong heart and you will face the future together.
Well expressed. Thanks. Thinking of you....now you think of me and what I've been saying to you....
Take care
Babsie xxx

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
Dale, it's what you do not say that I feel you in this piece. You have expressed yourself well, here. Without a doubt, in the moments of rejection, neglect or simple failure to be acknowledged we find ourselves feeling to be so many things... and none of them feel good...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yeah that is the way it goes. I have tattoo's and mohawks and piercings so i usually attract the girls okay, but then they realize I am just a nerd who wears his heart on his sleeve..... Short but relatable and point well made. I really like the way you ended it.... A road wide enough for one. It seems it is the one many of us travel.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I want to forward this poem of yours to some of my male friends. I wish they felt and realized things the way you did. This will be a kind of food for thought . The piece is short but evoking!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

When I decided I was tire of chasing woman. Woman started to chase me. I learn a man who is not desperate. Gets more opportunity. I like the poem. I felt in my life better to be alone to clean up the mind. A very good poem.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stay clear...a lightning could strike... beware... but leave all the options open...It will come to you... stop looking !

Posted 14 Years Ago


Well, expressing one's self, I think, is what poetry is all about, and you did a great job. The road will widen when "the right one" comes along. Often times it's when you least expect it. Seen it happen far more than once, especially after the girls realize the "bad boys" are just that and only that... bad. Hang in there. We're pulling for you. This is so to the point and honest. It really is a great piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


That's a hurtful way to feel, feeling like you're not good enough. Too bad people can't see that wonderful person they have in their life right in front of them, whether your a man or woman. It's there loss but its always our pain and we have to get through that pain and decide if we want to try again.

Posted 14 Years Ago


The Last in Line...good title. It is mostly disappointment. Be good to yourself. The bad boy thing is her loss! The main thing is: don't ever change to suit someone else's warped view of a MAN! Nice write...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh my....continue to walk on that road just wide enough for one until you heal. There is much pain that oozees out of the body and soul when disappointment, rejection, and loss overwhelm us! May you heal quickly and that perfect one be found for you! You are sooooooooooooooooo deserving! I cry with you, as I am sure many here for also doing!!
Hugs for you dear friend!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

915 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 11, 2010
Last Updated on March 11, 2010

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..