The Act, The Actor And Director(Me, Myself and I)

The Act, The Actor And Director(Me, Myself and I)

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Inspired by "Edge Of Thorns" and "When The Crowds Are Gone", both by Savatage.

"

 

There is a beautiful garden

Created inside the theater,

A set built 

Inside my mind.

Keeping my balance

As I walk between the rows

So I don’t crush

The seeds I’ve sewn

Based on your powers of persuasion.

I’m blinded by the light

That shines on you

Engaged in a solo performance,

Acting on improv

On a stage built for an ensemble…

I directed…

You dictated…

My vision

Becomes your glory

Till the final bow

When you’re graced with bouquets

 And I bleed from the thorns.

In the end

When the lights go out

Those roses wilt

But my red stain will remain

For eternity.

© 2010 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A deep and rich analogy, very unusual and striking metaphors Dale. Well thought out with good delivery.
These lines are fabulous;
And I bleed from the thorns.

In the end

When the lights go out

Those roses wilt

But my red stain will remain

For eternity.

Sewn (Sown)
Kudos Dale...

Cheers :-)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow this was very powerful read. This is amazing. I like the depth to this and the way the poem reads with sadness and heartache emotion. The meataphors are very rich. Very well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
life is a play..and we are the players...a power analogy..the metaphors weaved into every line..a interesting and clever 'play' on words :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is beautiful writing thats all I can say because your words took the words away love it

Posted 13 Years Ago


And so it does, I haven't found anything to get that stain out as yet! The bitter and the sweet. Nice piece, like the scene you set here.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is a deep poem that you can take many ways. One is that of a religious point of view talking about Jesus in a new creative way or this could be a poem of a man's love for a woman who shreds his heart in the final scene. great creative unique write. I would love to know what this is actually about. The flow is smooth and the imagery is picture perfect in my mind.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Overall, it reminds me of the famous saying and true by Shakespeare-
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players."... or something like that. Great job in writing this! :)


Posted 13 Years Ago


When we love, making the one we love happy makes us happy. More often than not, we make them shine but receive no credit (nor do we desire it). Love loves because it loves and doesn't know any other way. It so often happens that we bleed from the thorns, but would we change a thing? I think not. At least, we will remain a red stain for eternity. Maybe we live only to die, to bleed in between.

The sentiment expressed within your poem is lovely.

Linda Marie

Posted 13 Years Ago


The story of our own lives, we are all of it but the observer. And who will remember our lives, not us. Really nice job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i like the irony - I directed and you dictated...who is following orders?
wonderful poem

Posted 13 Years Ago


And such inspiration from the two pieces that served as your model has led you to the stage of creativity to deliver a performance that renders applause from the audience......enough that should cause the star to take another bow....expertly crafted with certain lines that prick the finger of the reader to feel the thorns of the roses that wilt and cause your red stains to remain for eternity!
Another wonderful write Dale!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1551 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 18, 2010
Last Updated on July 18, 2010

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..