The Ballad Of A Haunted House

The Ballad Of A Haunted House

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 

The cobwebs that decorate

These abandoned corridors

Catch the echoes

Before they shatter

Like stained glass

Leaving stone cold walls

Heartbreaking red.

 

Animated spirits

Tell the tales

Of the salty mascara

That brings color

To once lifeless tiles.

 

Arched ceilings

No worse for wear

Except for a few cracks

Out of neglect

Cause four eyes

Were always looking down…

Two in hate,

Two in pain.

 

Now abandoned

Like the child without

A headstone

As heaven and hell

Gain a soul

This house seeks mercy

In the form of

A wrecking ball.

 

© 2010 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
:)
I love love love the way you describe this house. It's subtle and yet so full of imagery.

I don't find it creepy; it's a sad house but you are definitely depicting what really goes on in an abandoned house once so full of Energies!

Awesome.... :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

you have painted a very vivid picture of a dead house may it forever RIS (Rest In Splinters)


Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice. Or perhaps much TLC and it would turn into a swan. I love old houses, they have so many stories to tell. I hate to see them falling down and being torn down.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Heartbreaking red... absolutely love that. And the whole last stanza is fantastic. I was really touched by the image of a child without a headstone. I have seen old buildings that evoke just these feelings, and you captured it beautifully.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fantastic imagery in this. It brings the whole house alive and perhaps those who use to live there that are now haunting the place. Love it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
This is a haunting piece..this strikes me with metaphor of heartbreak and sorrow although I could be wrong..it is a striking poem nevertheless

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great piece- didn't expect the end at all.
I actually started a piece about an abandoned house earlier today- but dealing with it a much less mature way. :)

Very nicely done- original take on the abandoned house.

-Coral-

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

my goodness, you laid that one bare

Posted 13 Years Ago


You give a haunted life and history to this place. As it becomes whole in front of our eyes, you connect it to a soul.. longing for the end... So very vivid and a perfect feel for the season!

Posted 13 Years Ago


What a haunted write! I could see this story having several meanings. Mostly I could see this being a suicidal poem, where the house is a reference to the human body. The wrecking ball destructing the house of the writer. Awesome write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Such vivid imagry, and i agree with Jenny- for i too see it as more then just a house, could be memories of a life other then what a house would remember. Has a very haunting feel to it, and will haunt my mind in a few houses i shall be in this week....
As always love your work.
K.

Posted 13 Years Ago



5
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3440 Views
51 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 3, 2010
Last Updated on October 5, 2010

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing