I Am The Stem

I Am The Stem

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Saying goodbye

"

 

You are the dream that captured my sleep.

You are the light the sun could never be.

You are the beauty no mask could hide.

 

Now as I say goodbye

Just know…

 

This hole in my heart

Will be a permanent space

Cause without you

Love is the stem

Without a rose.

© 2011 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ahhhhhh how beautiful RRC! There's an elegance in learning how to say goodbye and you've shared it beautifully in words. If someone can leave that kind of stamp on your heart they're the ones we remember...because they had relevance in our today. Lovely words and wonderful write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very good, love lost always a moving topic. This had a natural flow and the emptiness of the heart is mirrored in the stem without a rose, beautiful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ahhhhhh how beautiful RRC! There's an elegance in learning how to say goodbye and you've shared it beautifully in words. If someone can leave that kind of stamp on your heart they're the ones we remember...because they had relevance in our today. Lovely words and wonderful write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What sad, beautiful words .. love lost, never forgotten; those three last lines say it all.

Posted 13 Years Ago


awww, nice, but very sad. missing someone you love is so hard. But it does make beautiful poetry! well done, Dale!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was sad but you expressed this with the utmost beauty and elegance...this was stunning!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am reminded of those few special people who will always have a place in my heart, so sad to say goodbye.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a sad poem which I will find difficult to forget. I think I have felt the feelings in this poem though never been able to describe them as eloquently as this as

Posted 13 Years Ago


There are times, which we come across a poem that speaks volumes in elequence, like this poem does, to my heart. Of the pain associated with the lost of love and feeling of emptiness, which is left behind. Thank you for sharing this very emotional poem, with us, Dale.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was so beautiful and heartbreaking... that emptiness of separation that can never be filled... Truly stopped me and made me sit and ponder those around me.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A sad and beautiful poem of a goodbye. When we are two and become one again. It leave a empty place that need to be filled. A strong poem. I like the complete poem. I like the last lines. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

988 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 1, 2011
Last Updated on January 1, 2011

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Black Swan Black Swan

A Poem by OT


My Dream My Dream

A Story by Tate Morgan