Open Wound(Life After)

Open Wound(Life After)

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Inspired by a conversation from my favorite muse (Liza Vassallo)

"

 

Peeling back the scab

doesn’t take away the pain,

only prolongs the bleeding

till you have no strength.

 

Letting it turn into a scar

is nothing to be ashamed of,

it just shows you are a human

capable of living after the hurt.

 

Keeping it under wraps is natural

in protecting till it is healed,

to keep it under fancy fabric

is to be broke to immaterial guilt.

 

Let the sunlight keep it dry,

let the rain keep it drenched;

For in the end

nature will keep it real.

 

© 2012 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

marvelous work!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Thank you.
You can't change the past. As you say in your last line, "nature will keep it real." A wonderfully written piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your prose is searing in its honesty and depth.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I totally love this. It could have been written to describe my pathetic life. Maybe i need to feel some pain before i can heal my wounds that have formed through this broken tattsred soul of mine. Excellent poem.11100100

Posted 12 Years Ago


This poem surprised me, I feared it was going to be violent and aggressive,but I found a well observed and well styled treatment of the subject, tender and lyrical.
A poem that I like, full of humanity and wisdom.

Posted 12 Years Ago


scars are real...we can put a band aid on it, and try to keep it secret from the world. But they never leave us. Some scars can be worn like a victory badge...while others just torment us with the memory of past mistakes.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is off to the favorites! Scares, as a kid my brother who I looked up too, used to say they give you character. They all tell a story, on the outside or in. I remember I was around sixteen, and my best friend thought that his cancer had come back. We were out drinking in the mountains with a bunch of the boys when he broke the news; it was crazy, he said he didn't want to have another scare on his body from the cancer. Well long story short all of us drunk asses share a scare in his honor on our arms. I don't know, but at the time I think this might of helped his inner scars...

Really Great Read!!!
RLG,
Tommy

Posted 12 Years Ago


A nice and rich person in mind, and spirit, in all he/she has done in life, a person who has lived, fully for a 200% will go with many scars, as worthy sparkles of his path has crossed. Lovely poetry! Very deep, and a valuable read. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like how you tied actual physical symptoms into unseeable emotions. It's not something everyone can do, let alone do well. You have achieved this :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow... poet... This is a wonderful poem. Pain is something that we have to deal and take the best of it. Learning.
Deep and true.
((((Hugs))))
*Mary*

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

603 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 22, 2012
Last Updated on January 23, 2012

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Why? Why?

A Poem by Tate Morgan


~ Dervish ~ Dervish

A Poem by


Kisses Kisses

A Poem by Robin