The Monster Without

The Monster Without

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

He is in search for the darkest cave

Where he can hide away

Like the pain echoing off his chest cavity.

Built to be without feeling,

But was given a defective heart

That drips with loneliness.

The visible scars are nothing

Compared to the ones humanity

Has tattooed on his soul.

His hope to cover those marks

From being stitched together

Are thwarted by all the plastic surgeons

That say they are not miracle workers

And can never make him a whole person within.

Longing for nothing more than to be normal

When standing in a crowd

Has been his lifelong dream,

That is why the monster will have to do without

Living in my nightmares,

For I have long since rejected society’s standards,

Making it my Frankenstein's monster.

© 2014 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The font choice only adds to the horror of it all. We have an innate need to blend in and the pain we endure when we don't can damage us to the point that hiding in a cave...being totally alone in a world teeming with life is our only alternative. This is a sad one.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much :)
Love this Cowboy...and ive always said "Why be normal??". What is beneath the surface is far more interesting then any pretty face you know!! Great write my friend!

Posted 9 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

You are so right about that, besides normal is boring… thank so much Red.
The ultimate metaphor....might I say ?? Wherever you got this v idea of comparing inner struggle of an apparent normal being to Frankenstein is brilliant !! I also love it when you say....tattooed his soul. This poem must be very personal. Lucid and intriguing.... Your poem is a stark reminder of bare dark truth society seldom perceives. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

Thank you for that phenomenal review… you extremely kind praise has given me a huge smile. Thank .. read more
Namrata

9 Years Ago

Pleasure is mine.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
You have described an inner struggle that I'm certain many can relate to - "Longing for nothing more than to be normal when standing in a crowd". To feel like this saddens my heart - though I know many do. Your writing is powerful and heart touching.

:) Julie

Posted 9 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Julie for your kind review.
The monster without rarely reflects the monster within.

Thought provoking write this.

T



Posted 9 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much.
All too human Dale ...all too real and human.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

Thank you Chris, sometimes being human is not pretty but it is real.
Chris

9 Years Ago

I've always appreciated you Dale... take care man.
I have kind of been wondering something about a friend lately, and when I read this, the light went on. I think this poem really describes him. . . .eerily so. He has the "perfect" life in a lot of ways, but he hides a lot of pain. Why in the world he feels comfortable around me, I don't know, but he does. It's really hard for him to trust others. In some respects, he probably views himself as some sort of "Frankenstein," but I always did have compassion for that character, because no one else would. Other people run at the very sight of him, but I'd like to know more. Don't know why were drawn to each other, yet. Beauty tames a beast, I guess. Thanks for the insight, friend. Good write!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

Wow, first off sorry to hear bout your friend, it is a shame when people hide them true selves, afra.. read more
dear cowboy... "Compared to the scars humanity
has tattooed on his soul" is quite a line. Bravo for
a masterpiece that resonates with each of us.
We struggle in a world wrought with monsters.
truly... Pat

Posted 9 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

Well thank you for the compliment on my work.
Patricia Wedel

9 Years Ago

You are welcome... Pat
You've used the iconic figure of Frankenstein's monster to illuminate an inner struggle so many deal with, and which society still refuses to understand. I think this one was very well crafted.

NOTES: I like the font face. However, it's a little crowded looking. Maybe set the poem in couplets or stanzas? Or just double space between the lines?

Posted 9 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

Why thank you so much for the kind words and advice, much appreciated.
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

You're welcome.
got to love this poem, Frankenstein is a very sympathetic character, very misunderstood by the crowd who see only beauty as the norm but misunderstand that beauty is from within, not of the eye but of the heart, will we ever learn, i don't know we just hope that someday the world mindset will come around to not deciding their opinions based on face value alone, thank you for this superb work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

Very well said, glad you like it, thank you.
R Smith

9 Years Ago

you are always welcome my friend :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1079 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 16, 2014
Last Updated on October 25, 2014

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aris Aris

A Poem by Tate Morgan