Through Your Eyes

Through Your Eyes

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

Through my eyes I can see

all the beautiful colors

the world has to offer me

from the life giving green

of a new born leaf

to the mysterious blue

of heaven’s floor.

Through your eyes they become

a three dimensional

priceless piece of art.

 

Through my eyes I notice

all the animals of the world

as such caring creatures

that enjoy every breath

and the simple pleasures

they are given.

Through your eyes you see

every beat of their hearts

as a sweet love song.

 

When I see a baby

I see new life,

you see the future.

 

When I see a good deed

I see compassion,

you see humanity.

 

Oh how I’d love to see myself

through your eyes

just so I can see

the man I am and the man I want to be.


© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

wow this was beautiful this is my favorite one of them all.....this is my part that i really love about it....


Oh how I'd love to see myself

through your eyes

just so I can see

the man I am and the man I want to be.


its so senceual and sweet and it shows that through your eyes you want what life has to offer you for love in eturnity.....you bring this poem out to be one of the most wonerful love poems i have seen ...great job on your poem i hope to keep seeing more......pen very well ......

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

don't we wish sometimes we can see who we are through a loved ones eyes. I really feel the sincerity in this Piece of Art.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

If we could see ourselves through loved ones eyes the world would be a better place.
How lovely! this is filled with tenderness and deep love. Howe we wish to live up to what our beloved sees us to be... Great writing!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Powerful emotion tinged with spiritual wonder.

I wonder what we would see if we could see ourselves through others eyes ? Would we like what we saw or would we cringe and not be able to believe what we saw. Seriously I have wondered so many times about this. Have you ever did or said something that others saw it in a completly different way than what it was really meant to be. Ten people can look at the same object and each decribe it differently.

Another of my favorites Dale.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Absolutely a beautiful piece. I love the way it flows it is soft. Very romantic and sweet. I like the way you make the comparison between the two. Oh what beauty you portray here. Excellent work..

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very easy to relate to. I wish that my guy could see himself the way that I see him, and I wish that I could see myself the way he sees me.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Just a lovely piece, brought a tear to my eyes.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow this was not only beautiful but also humble! The flow of honesty in this shows you are not vain or hold yourself high on a pedestal.. your ending shows you would like to feel the way about and view yourself as this other unique individual sees you! We are all special in our own way.. moreso to others and sometimes do not see it ourselves! Here you have painted a fantastic portrait of 2 people who see things different but in great lights.. you yearn a glimpse of their spectrum unto yourself here.. to see through a different kaleidoscope of colours and textures that which is yourself through a person you admire deeply. This was a true tribute to a friend or lover.. as you have actually shown your scope of them... through your heart, soul and mind.. thank you so much for sharing! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really beautiful. Sensitive and caring � you're making a lot of female hearts flutter when you write like this � mine included �

Cilla


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh that last stanza is fantastic!..Beautiful imagery and delightful insights...A fantastic piece!ci

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Um... I love this Cowboy!
But when it comes to you what don't I love!

Bravo, as always!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1084 Views
43 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 18, 2008
Last Updated on February 5, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing