Shadows Of An Angel's Wings

Shadows Of An Angel's Wings

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

   

Give your dreams a chance to fly with the butterfly

As they spread their wings to allow all of nature to see

The colors you envision and hope to one day be.

 

Allow your hopes to climb the tallest of trees

Climbing through twisted branches like a maze

Using each one as a step to reaching the highest leaf.

 

Release your inner faith into the unpredictable winds

As it soars onward toward the wild blue yonder

Not letting the gravity of others crash it into the ground.

 

Give your love the chance to nestle in the nest

Of a heart that wants to bring it warm shelter

And feed it strength even when you have your own.

 

Under the shadows of an angels wings

Life will always be beautiful and bright

If you just BELIEVE.

 

 

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Awwww
*sigh*

This was really beautiful Dale, not at all something I would expect a cowboy to write - ha ha
But seriously, what a wonderful piece. Loved your imagery and the peacefulness which came seeping from your piece almost makes me want to believe too.
Very inspirational, think this could lift even the heaviest of souls right now.

Thanks for sharing, needed something like this

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love this... it is so hopeful and filled with wonderful aspirations. So many of your poems brighten my day. This is another of them. Thanks so much for sharing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wonderfully uplifting and full of hope!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is beautiful. I love the positive message in this and its very well written. Very impressive write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is absolutely beautiful!!
Inspires me,
gives me words to live by....
and leaves me knowing the future holds all the promises of my dreams realized.

Definately one of my very favorites!
Loved reading it!!
kelli

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very pleasant write. Could just feel the lightness of it carrying heavy-heartedness up and away. Excellent advice put beautifully. Great job here.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow!!

What a most powerful, uplifting poem. The messages you offer the reader of love, hope, believing are such strong words of advice. This is beautifully written. Great job, Dale!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow, i have never seen this one. & i LOVE it. "Release your inner faith into the unpredictable winds As it soars onward toward the wild blue yonder Not letting the gravity of others crash it into the ground." how many times do we let others drag us down. the imagery in this is amazing, i love that first stanza. & those last 2 lines are PERFECT. a brilliant write, i love how uplifting it is. going in my favorites. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Dale, this is such a moving wonderful piece, filled with inspiration and hope.
Have you ever thought of contributing your inspirational works to the books
"Chicken Soup For The Soul " ? You write the most beautiful up-lifting words
giving hope to weary,

Another gem for my favorites. love it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow this was truly a beautiful inspirational piece. Of course you had my attention at the first line. But this piece is perfectly fantastic.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Inspirational and very soothing to the soul.. loved the flow and image created throughout. Most uplifting to chasing and believing in a dream. The rhythm is so heavenly.. and it carries a most profound message to all dreamers, believers, achievers .. this can apply to everyone and in every way! Certainly a needed message these days.. for all ages! To stop believing in one's goal is to stop breathing.. surely in my own eyes..without something to strive for we simply just exist.. having a goal/dream is LIVING! Full of hope, intensity and travels the realms of a dreamer's imagination.. which is truly a maze to others who do not know another person's destiny.

Life itself can be a maze for an individual..a series of doors and walls.. it goes something like door, wall, door, wall, 3 doors (which do I choose? each having different pathways no road back most times) just an example.. it twists, it turns, feels great, then burns... but when we find the better doors (never knowing which is best at the time) we at some point settle for a door or pathway. To write is a true dream.. that is my pathway of passion! Loved this very much.. saving it to favorites dear friend.. cause it is a dreamer's dream. =)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2167 Views
68 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 9 Libraries
Added on April 22, 2008
Last Updated on July 18, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Little Bones Little Bones

A Poem by Bubo