Mother In Heaven

Mother In Heaven

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Dedicated to my Mom for mothers day- July 20, 1939-May 31, 2006- May she R.I.P.

"

Two years have nearly come and gone

since you were called upon to sing heaven’s song.

 

No matter how hard I try to fill the void

sometimes I still regret not being able to say goodbye.

 

Life now a days doesn’t always fill the same

without your smile to grace our sight.

 

Seems that I make more mistakes then before

or could it be you’re not here to say it will be ok.

 

Even accomplishments don’t ring with the same joy

maybe cause I can’t hear you say great job.

 

But I keep the faith in my future dreams

knowing you’re here giving spiritual support.

 

Though nothing takes away the pain of missing you

I know God is in good hands since you’ve earned your wings.

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


Author's Note

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
This poem is my gift to my mother who passed away nearly two years ago and still dearly missed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

there was a time that I couldn't read poems like this. only this year was I able to read and review a poem about someone's mother. that poet actually talked me into writing about my mothers passing. so one I am happy I was able to enjoy this poem of yours as it shows I am healing after all these years. I also like that you wrote something so beautiful for your mother so soon after her passing. flow~

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'M SO HONOR.. FOR YOUR TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP.. NOW I KNOW THAT YOU AND ME.. BELONG IN POETRY..I DO... I LOVE YOUR POEM WORD BY WORD..THAT YOU CRY...AND I KNOW THAT YOUR MOM AND MINE.. ARE SMILING AT US.. OH YES... BETTER! THEY ARE NOT GONE.. NOT EVER...SO YOU KEEP MAKING THIS POETRY ALIVE.. HER MEMORY LIVES IN YOU... MY SWEET CHILD... AMEN

Posted 15 Years Ago


SOMETIMES... ANGER COMES.. I NEVER SAID GOODBYE...THE DAY SHE PARTED..
I WAS IN ANOTHER TRIP.. AND NOW...MY RAGE HAS DIED...CAUSE I KNOW SHE LIVES INSIDE ME
AND SHE BRINGS ME JOY ... AND WHEN I LOOK UP ON THE SKY...I KNOW THOSE CLOUDS
ARE THE BLESSINGS FROM ABOVE..AND THIS I GIVE TO YOU...! MY SWEET FRIEND...
MY MOTHER AND YOUR MOTHER.. THEY ARE TOGETHER WATCHING US...AMEN

Posted 15 Years Ago


MY SWEET FRIEND.. COULD BE THAT THOSE WINGS ARE YOURS.. THE ONE'S SHE EARNED..
COULD BE THE HER LOVE.. IS YOURS FOR EVER...COULD BE THAT SHE HAS NOT DIED
BUT SHE LIVES INSIDE YOU... AND IN TIMES... YOU WONDER !
AND SHE TELLS YOU... YES MY SON EVERYTHING WILL BE OK..
BECAUSE SHE IS YOUR MOTHER.. AND SHE WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU..
IN THIS LIFE .. AND IN THE NEXT ONE..
AND YES..SHE IS WITH GOD.. AND SHE SMILES .. AMEN

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is such a beautiful heartfelt tribute to your mother, Dale ... I can only imagine how diificult it's been for you ... I am deeply moved by the tenderness of your words. A very touching, emotional poem, Dale ... warm hugs to you my friend ...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

(wiping the tears off my cheeks) . . .

This is a beautiful and heartbreaking tribute to your mother. I'm so sorry for your loss. Truly, I am. I know that you have an empty place, that can only be filled with her. And yes, she most definitely is an angel, always watching over you.

I just recently reconnected with my father, after 27 years. We spent 3 magnificent weeks on the phone (as he lived 1,500 miles away) at least three times, daily. Such a beautiful and remarkable time, we shared.

Sadly, he died, just three weeks after we "found" each other. This was two months ago.

I feel your pain. No one can really relate to this tragic event, until they have been there.

Your mother is smiling down at you, with a heart full of pride and joy.

Just as I know my father is, with me.

Peace, sweetheart.

S




Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awe, I'm sure she's whispering "wonderful work Dale", flows so from the heart. I was close to my grandmother and she's gone on, along with my Dad. But I can't imagine ever not having my Mom. Sorry for the grief and lonliness for her you still carry. I hope in writing this it brings some healing. She'd want you to move on and look for the thing in life that is a joy to you. If it helps look for the things that brought her joy, so you can remember happiness in those times. She'd want you to be happy. :)
God Bless
Kelly

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is such a powerfully emotional piece I am so glad that I had the chance to hear you read this. I am sure she is proud of the man and person you have become. Thanks for sharing this.


Well Done!!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Actually, I heard you read this and was very touched by its beauty and your obvious emotion while reading it. It truly is a real beauty and I am sorry for your loss. If my arms were longer, I'd reach over and give you a big o hug. :+)

I hope you have a good day today, Hugs, friend.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

my mother passed away ten years ago - and there are still times I think "I need to tell Mom this or that" then I remember - I don't think that pain ever leaves, just lessens over time. A beatuiful tribute to your Mom and I know she is hugging you from Heaven.

*hugs*

laura

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this was a very sweet gift for ur mother...i bet she loved this! i really liked this. brought a tear to my eye!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

579 Views
40 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 9, 2008
Last Updated on May 9, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing