Ghost Town

Ghost Town

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 

The bitter winds of sorrow

blows the tumbleweed

that was once blissful hope

through the lonely streets

filled with regret and despair.

 

Invisible to the naked eye

is the essence of the happy faces

that once filled the saloon

that looked so much

like you and me.

 

Now the road is filled with dust

covering what was a great love

that was shot through the heart

when it was thought

my aim wasn’t true.

 

As the sun sets in the west

I can’t find the will to saddle up

To leave this lonely town

and move forward into a city

that holds laughter and hope

for the ghost of you is still

the only place the spirit of me

wants to cross over too.

 

 

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wonderful poem -- from the title (which so perfectly captures the essence of the poem) to the very evocative end. It conjures up not just images but sensations of loneliness and pain. We feel your spirit trapped here in this place (both in the mind and physically) that really is an emotional Ghost Town, because it's been abandoned by the loved one. I love how we tie the small town's physical place in with the internal state.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this was so wonderful, yet sad.I am glad I was finally able to read this, nice job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Dale I'm sorry it has taken so long getting to this wonderful poem. I'm slowly working through the list.

This poem captures the feeling of loneliness, sorrow, regret and dispair.
It is so beautifully written as all your work is.
Your style is a model of clarity, your prose so smooth that it goes down like the finest wine.
This piece touches my heart.

Posted 14 Years Ago


a windswept, lyrical, lonely write. Full of emotion and loss. Well penned.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this one really did it's job: made the reader feel lonely and sad and heartbroken. Vivid images and starkness combined- great write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh Dale, I am sorry it took me so long to get over here, but this is so well expressed and says so very much. It speaks to me. I love the way you conveyed a heart filled with pain in here. You really have so much feeling inside you and you really can bring the depths of it to fill the page with such tremendous emotion! This is such a sad piece, but so beautifully said!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JC
What else can I say that the others have not?

Nice meter, and I like the imagery, very unusual way to descibe the broken heart.


JC

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This piece is so sad. Your imagery brought this to life for me ... I could see the dust and the abandonment.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love your story telling abilities. You always provide such a wonderful assortment of details to bring the words to actual life. Seeing them being acted out there in front of me with the clarity I so love from your writing. You allow us as the reader to dwell in your words but also leave enough out to give our own imaginations the chance to envision a deeper story that lies there in between the words that are written. You are always such a pleasure to read and have rolling around in my head for a bit.


Great Job!!!!!


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A perfect love captured in a sorrowful poem. The pain embedded within is clear and the words jump out of the page demanding to be heard. XX

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The heart felt pangs come across the page in verses. The old west imagery lends itself well to this excellent but sad poem. Very nicely done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1767 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 22, 2008
Last Updated on September 25, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing