Revelations/Acceptance

Revelations/Acceptance

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

Soul searching…

Realization…

Strikes like a snake bite

Then calms like a gentle stream.

 

For the things

I recently learned

I have come to terms

And made my peace.

 

Though time may

Not be on my side

I still consider it

A friend.

 

Though some bridges

May be burned

There is still a rope

To attempt to return

If I’m not afraid to die…

Which I’m not.

 

And though I may

Never be loved again

My heart will never be lonely

Knowing it once was.

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dale, your words brought to mind other words from long ago. . . a story where a man is dying from snake bite, the story was called 'a la deriva'. Stream of consciousness technique takes us on a journey as he travels back to where he belongs. Until at the very end, we find he is injured beyond help.

But, you, you've learned lessons. You have roads left to walk. You have every hope ahead of you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

a slow process it is to heal a wounded heart.. eloquent words dear friend.. i hope too.. :) good luck.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

And though I may
Never be loved again
My heart will never be lonely
Knowing it once was.

THESE ARE SOME POWERFUL WORDS AND KIND OF SAD AS WELL AS TOUCHING, WONDERFUL WRITING....AMANDA

Posted 15 Years Ago


And though I may

Never be loved again

My heart will never be lonely

Knowing it once was.

So true , and so beautifully written. Really enjoyed reading this poem. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such a sad poem. Heart breaking and revealing. Thanks for wearing heart out on your sleeve once more.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An excellent expression of coming to terms with your inner self, at times a killer to admit all the flaws we have and how we got where we are, especially if we can't find the way out of ourselves. The more wisdom we aquire of not only us but those that influence our lives, the easier it becomes to let go of our heart and let down our hair and just be ourselves. Knowing you for as long as I have, I do know you have a big heart and coupled with finding yourself, you will again find love, that is without a doubt, my friend.

Tony

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you, Dale, for reminding me (again) that there is still hope in life.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Acceptance is a key role in the healing process as we move forward ... I have faith in your capabilities to overcome life's obstacles and thrive once again, my friend ... So many adages come to mind, like this one (one of my favs) "Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened." And the Serenity Prayer comes to mind as well, Dale ... Wonderfully written hun ... hugs

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Soul searching�

Realization�

Strikes like a snake bite

Then calms like a gentle stream.




I like the lead in lines here most profound and deeply expresssed

Then calms like a gentle stream~great descriptives in this well

crafted piece~Fran




Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

"Strikes like a snake bite
Then calms like a gentle stream....very nice use of words...you successfully depict the distinct feeling of the sudden wave of pain when confronting a repressed issue...surfacing sense of denial...working through the pain and looking at your life with honesty leads one towards a path of serenity offered by "acceptance"

you write of finding peace, time as a friend, and being fearless in the face of death...somewhere in life you experienced a snippet of what fulfilled your definition of "true love"...my dear sir, in the last stanza although you put your thought into words eloquently I'm still going to yell at you for using the word "never"...tsk tsk!

"My heart will never be lonely
Knowing it once was."...it is evident the feeling you speak of is one that you treasure and cherish...AND you should because even the slightest glimpse of "true love" gives us faith...being the hopeful romantic and sickening optimist that I am...LOL...you seem to be on a path to finding the unconditional love within yourself...accepting yourself and loving yourself for who you are and coming out the other side free of pain...please know, there is "true love" in your life even though you don't realize it yet the rest of you is just around the corner...speaking from experience :o)

Dale, this is a very heartfelt poem...your sense of self-discovery is very endearing...your self-awareness is leading you to create meaningful pieces of art...VERY NICELY WRITTEN!


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is stunning Dale as you embark on a journey of the soul's acceptance. Reality can bite like a snake, but then a sense of calmness and acceptance occurs when we understand how and why we are in a particular place.

I think most readers can relate to this notion because we are all, to some degree, making the same journey although you experienced love once, and I am certain that you will again. Many never do.

I am unable to select which particular stanza I enjoyed because the progression is such that the entire piece flows smoothly, each stanza enhancing the next with intensely contrived images.

Conclusion brings tears to my eyes. Very beautiful and touching read.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1003 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 13, 2008
Last Updated on October 15, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing