Don't Breathe (Just Live)

Don't Breathe (Just Live)

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 

Infinite moonbeams

Cast lunar dreams

Upon a lake of tears

Reflecting

Melancholy Fears.

 

Jump right in

Let the current

Take you away

For death

Isn’t the end

But the beginning.

 

Let go and let

The current

Lead you to

The waterfall

That brings tough love

Letting you loose

Into the sea.

 

Swim along the bottom

Taking in

The beauty of

The unknown

For air you

no longer need.

 

So it’s up to you

To let go

Of the shoreline’s security

And  have faith

In getting wet.

 

Don’t worry

About breathing again

And for once

Just live.

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your first stanza is a doozy! Good work, in fact the entire piece is very descriptive with vivid imagery throughout, I almost forgot to breathe at the end! Your message is profound, many cannot let go of apron strings never daring to jump into the deep end, too risky..they want to, but fear of life won't allow it and I guess life itself can be daunting, but we should actively take part in our own happiness.
Terrific concept and parallels Dale :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Great words to live by, im not seeing a suicidal ring. Im hearing...dont focus on the anxiety and hard knocks in your life. Just do what feels right and LIVE!!!!! Im ready to be soaken wet! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

Holy cow. I am blown away.
This caught you at the beginning and held on like a vice, with vivid imagery, and a beautiful message. Excellent job. This is going in my library. c:

Posted 13 Years Ago


"For death isn't the end just the beginning". Could it be you believe in reincarnation or feel that by buring the past, you rid yourself of a burden that has been holding you down. Doesn't matter it is a beautifully written piece and the imagery is so vivid. I last stanz is my favorite. You said it all with this writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"For death is'nt the end but the beginning". Could it be you believ in reincarnation or burying a past that has been holding you down? Doesn't matter. Beautifully written, filled with vivid imagery. I actually loved the last stanza. You really said it all with this piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
jen
i love this and look at it as stop fighting the current... to literally 'go with the flow' of life... sounds easy, but for some of us it isn't... therefore i write it out of my system lol...i've written on this before as well because i am one who needs to heed the advice in your wonderful verse...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with the comment from Winter about this having a suicidal ring to it, but that said, I can understand how death can be a welcome relief to the stresses of life, even beautiful in it's finality. However, I also am reminded of all those who will hurt, should one take such an action like. I may not be the best person, the best daughter, mother, lover, friend, but I know I would cause alot of heartache should I choose the easy way out.

Wow, your poem has me thinking deeply!

Life is beautiful yet temporary though. Death is so final.

Good job for getting me to thinking deeply when I'm too tired to think at all !

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like the sights that are within this one...I totally agree with person below me...that is the person who commented below me Dale...

I know you were thinking in the gutter! But so was I! LOL
Good job baby doll!
Janice

Posted 15 Years Ago


A little ominous...has a suicidal ring to it. Hmmm.....

But there is sometimes a longing and even a feeling that death would be much better then life. And thus we see the beauty in it.

But we would miss too much...

Posted 15 Years Ago


Some sage advice in this here poem, a well written too. Thanks R&RC for the kind review of (Angel on the internet) as always your comments and friendship are always welcome. Have a great evening.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow! I loved the images that were created while reading this
somewhat of a mystical poem (for me).
As always...INCREDIBLE!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2019 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on November 4, 2008
Last Updated on November 4, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing