This Moment

This Moment

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

When you looked me in the eyes

As those clouds of baby blue

Rained down on sensitive skin

That radiates like the sun

From the beat of your heart.

As I held that umbrella

To shield you from the storm of hate

I actually felt like Atlas.

 

And in this moment

I finally became real

 

 

When I touched your skin

With my working mans hands

So dirty and rough

From a day out in the grind

You didn’t even flinch

Suddenly all the aches and pains

Of everyday living felt like

Sensations of a heaven’s breeze.

 

It was in this moment

I knew you were real.

 

When a closet full of

Jealous bones buried us

We still held hands

Laying six feet deep

As our hearts kept beating

Till the graveyard could

No longer keep us down

And the tombstone read…

 

“From this moment on these two are real”

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow Dale this is just so amazingly beautiful. I could cry because this poem has just touched me too much. How many of us feel unreal or unworthy in this world? To find that special someone who can wash all of those bad feelings away, that's my definition of being blessed and at the core of what real friendship, love and acceptance truly are.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow this is an amazing,deap & beautiful write!! I mean if only there were guys around my age that could show that kind of love! This is a great great great write!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree that this was beautiful. I loved the way you constructed the lines here, and the wording was pure bliss. Great job with this!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so beautiful, Dale. You amaze me with the depth of your words and the feelings that they convey. What a beautiful picture this paints. You are an artist in every sense of the words and your words are the colors on your paint brush! Thanks for sharing this and, in turn, sharing who you are.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
z
This is such a nice piece. So beautiful and descriptive.
I truly enjoyed reading it, thanks for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I found this write so amazingly beautiful and stunning, top notch writing I can feel the emotion and strength put into words it is sincere and touching. Well crafted write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"From this moment on these two are real"

Dale, this was beautiful. I loved the stanzas and the way that you organized it... It was beautifully done. I am glad that you sent this to me. Thank you for writing such beautiful words.

xxoxx,
Goddess

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow, where did this come from? This is the ultimate devotion of love; to live and die for or in this case with someone beyond special. I think if love truly existed like this then the world would be a better place. It is very different and powerfully written. The strong text gives this poem more depth and meaning.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is romantic, beautiful. A bond that is strong, meant to be.

AD

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This a a very thought-provoking read, Dale, and deeply powerful. The imagery is beautiful and theme........timeless.

Discovering what is real in our lives can prove quite the task. I concur with many of your other readers about the notion of being touched by the hands of a working man, for it is abrasively wonderful and brings to life the concept of real love.

I also paid particular attention to the idea of love as being without boundaries, stronger than death itself.

"From this moment on these two are
Real"....exceptional line.

The breaks call attention to the progression of the narrator :

I became real.......... I knew you were real........ The two of you are real.........

Brilliant thinking!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

So beautiful and powerful. It is very moving and made me smile in the end. You definitely reached in and touched my heart.
Thank you for sharing.
Best,
Lee

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1906 Views
42 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on December 7, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing