The Storm I Needed

The Storm I Needed

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

A red hawk graces the sky

Way to serene for my dreams

The purple haze makes me weak

 

I close my eyes to breathe

What I forgot to see

 

I feel… a storm coming on

 

One for the ages

That will make the God of Thunder… Believe

 

Fierce but necessary

For nature know best

 

It will…

 

         Quench my fears

         Hide my tears

         Bring chaos

         Transcend relief

 

In the end… it will finally matter.

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

darkest just before the dawn! (i stold that from batman :D )

Quench my fears
Hide my tears
Bring chaos
Transcend relief

that's just about the perfect summation. I like "hide my tears" also, the rain mixing with the tears masking them.. nice. And then the final relief, when the storm breaks.. the clouds part.. and you are lifted up on high.

brava once again.




Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It has been said by the wise that a human being's amount of growth is directly proportionate to his/ her ability to tolerate, withstand, and weather extreme discomfort, silence, aloneness, and introspection. Thta is what those storms try to tell us, I think. For they enter and pass through our lives, and yes, in the end, we realize that who we are truly does matter.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It does sound like the perfect storm, cowboy!

Fierce but necessary

ROCK ON!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a strong write R&R. Grand images and movement captured in your words.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting usage of imagery of nature, to describe the cleansing of your soul. Conveyed to the reader, in the following lines:

"Fierce but necessary
For nature know best

It will…
Quench my fears
Hide my tears
Bring chaos
Transcend relief
In the end… it will finally matter."

Hope, your soul has healed. Thank you, for sharing this very spiritual poem with us.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I can't believe I missed this one, I can so relate to it, almost as if you need a wake up call good bad massive or smoothe!! it's very much needed!! great job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Spoken, below, took the words right out of my mouth. I loved the title and the context stood true. I love the hope of the last line and the breaking of the storm 'that you needed' i really like that part it was fair good!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I close my eyes to breathe
What I forgot to see

--You could not have penned a more perfect phrase...I love this. Nature sings and whispers to each of us in different ways...thanks for showing a part of what she has given you...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Mother Nature must be calling us one by one in her own way.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A storm of epic proportions that in the end may finally bring hope and everything will finally matter once again!!! So one else said it best.. it's always darkest before the dawn.. even in chaos .. a new rhythm will be found.. with possibly MORE meaning and a higher reason for life. I am optimistic that our future holds great things.. and we are standing in the middle of history in the making. Great job.. shows much inspiration and strength!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It will�

Quench my fears
Hide my tears
Bring chaos
Transcend relief

This is deep as I read so much more into it than just a physical thunderstorm. Well penned.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

691 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 8, 2009
Last Updated on December 29, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing