Surreal Fairytale

Surreal Fairytale

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

Misty eyes notice a dwarf

Dancing under a purple sunrise

Like he was a princess.

The princess dressed in white

Walks down the middle of the street

Like walking down the aisle

To an everafter wedding.

Her gallant knight sells her

At the last minute for magic beans

To feed his horse in hopes

Of making him a unicorn

When all the noble steed wants

Is to be the mouse

With so many friends.

Yet the mouse sits and cries

While watching the dwarf dance

Wishing to be his partner.

 

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dale.....I am most certain this is not just a "fairy tale", but a tale of settling for seconds...compromises..., change of roles, unmet expectations somewhere along the way! The poor mouse in the end has to sit and watch, though he wanted to be so much more! Your way of telling this fable/moral is unique, and flowing from the magic kingdom with creativity! Well done!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Random connection... So I wore a smile the entire time I read this. It ties in beautifully with my points of meditation for the day. Here's my facebook status:
"Greed is a gluttonous beast: She's never grateful for what she has and her quest for more, more, more is never satisfying." Wonder if there really is such a thing as contentment or fulfilling expectations or unwavering compromise. Hmmmmm, more meditation...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

True happiness is derived by being content with what we have. If content, we stop looking afar, wanting, desiring, wishing for more than we have Alas! Our human nature makes it almost impossible for this to be. I like your use of personification in your fairytale. That sweet little mouse!

Linda Marie

Posted 13 Years Ago


The grass is always greener, isn't it? :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


ROFL oh the ironies of wanting that which we do not have lol

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hmmm..........

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the story you told and the fable you spun, and the moral of the story is....wanting what others have or to be that other will not make you happy as you wont be yourself....hmmm, another thing to ponder. nicely penned.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, I was going to write something like what Sheila Kline wrote, but she already has and did it better than what I had come up with. ^^;

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I don't know if that was such a good trade for him to make. It is like everyone is wishing to be something else. I do like how it flows like a dream, good write~

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awe, I don't know if you'll take the word cute, but thats how i feel about this. I think this actually a very good and CUTE poem. I like how this is one fairytale flowing into another and ends right back with the dwarf. You're so good at this. I really enjoyed it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moved in fantasy and reality like two dancers, mixing, lifting, melting... Wonderful work that was so vivid to read! Both beautiful and bittersweet with longing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2590 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 24, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing