The Humanity Of Autumn

The Humanity Of Autumn

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

My favorite season

"

  

I inhale a deep breath …

 

The feel of that cool crisp air

Traveling through my lungs

Reminding me of the purity

That exists in the souls

Of those who believe

In the call of the wild

So never cage

What born in my heart.

 

I take along walk…

 

Hearing the rustle of leaves

Wrestling beneath my feet

Is a wake up call to my dreams

That even when they fall

There is still the beauty

Of when they were growing

And can return

When the time is right.

 

Season come and seasons go,

Each  with special emotions,

Always teaching us

If we’d just listen.

But there’s something about autumn

With all its changes

And up and down essence

That I can relate to as a human.

 

 

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yes, I love Autumn too. Unfortunately here in southern Cal we don't get the colors like everyone else. Eventually I would like to live somewhere where I can experience the four seasons. But our summers and winters can't be beat!!

Very pretty poem. Refreshing look at just nature and all of its breathtaking beauty!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I have to agree.. this has always been my favorite season.. death and rebirth.. a time to hold close all that is dear to us..for the warmth of the colder days ahead... simply beautiful..xxx

Posted 12 Years Ago


yes~ you've captured both its primal and spiritual essence~ summers are my lady fair yes~ but autumn is what brings out the wild girl riding carfree and careless on a wilder horse through the pine barrens until her face and hands are a crisscross patchwork of bleeding beautiful wounds that scream I AM ALIVE!~

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree with the poem. Autumn is my favorite season. The cooler weather and the change in season. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ah this is lovely - its over 90 today and the sun burns....this is a cool reminder of my favorite time of year too.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Autumn inspire us greets us ... sadly the sun, rain, wind, but among the beautiful sunny days of autumn, we can see that Indian summer ... are our dreams that the wind carries a beautiful poem ..

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, I so agree with what you think about Autumn. I feel the same as it
is my favorite time of the year. Its a magical time with the leaves
turning and finally falling and spreading their beauty beneath the
trees and dancing in the wind. Lovely poem! ~ Helena

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
A
Loved this! Autumn is a very pretty, calming season. I love the imagery and descriptions. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very wonderfully expressed piece. Autumn seems to always be one of those seasons that seem to create magic for alot of people. The weather is usually beautiful and the colors just beckon one to go outside and enjoy. Excellent piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh I like this!!! Autumn is my favorite time of the year. To me, the best of seasons. it's my time to reflect on all. The changing of time, the year that has passed, only to come once again.. Your words captured it so well and the imagery was fantastic! You brought it alive! Great job Cowboy!!! Nice indeed...

Mags xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


Autumn has always been my favorite season as it is a beautiful colorful season and nice swearte weather well. Not too hat and not yit cold. But, as the outward beaty begins to fade, and drop from the trees, it is not merely shed and forgotten but rather becomes compost to feed the roots, to be internalized and strengthen the tree. Much as the Automn of our live, sees the outward beauty fade but the inner strength and beauty begin to shine through. Though, we need to internalize that beauty and learn from it, before it is trampled underfoot.

A very thought provoking, write, my friend. Much enjoyed it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1568 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 2, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..