Cut Throat Education

Cut Throat Education

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

Fresh blood dripping

From glistening wolf fangs

Is the wisdom

Of a thousand generations

Yet remains a secret

Of an unopened book.

The copyright philosophy

Saturates the knowledge

Till all meaning

Is watered down

And education drowns

Freedom of speech.

So the myth lives on

In the heart of the masses

It is easier to believe

Than learning

What really hunts the mind

And devours the heart.

© 2011 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This poem speaks volumes about "us" as a society. Intelligence is a great power to have and so is freedom of speech but you are right. Do we really truly still have freedom of speech or is it just a fictional tale that we believe we still have fully. This is an eye opening thought provoking poem .

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, your philosophy is great! I belive what you say here. if we take more time to read and meditate, than just listening to what others say is the meaning, we'd really KNOW for ourselves.... Wonderful metaphors used here.

Posted 14 Years Ago


The last four lines ring so true. So powerful. I love this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


You set such a visual image to this philosophical piece... an education that forms and constricts the mind and grips the soul by the throat. This is so powerful and moving.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Amen!!! No truer words have ever been spoken. The damage that's been done from hearing lies long enough to start believing them as truth is nearly beyond belief. Way past time for people to start thinking for themselves before things get even worse. Excellent write! Everyone needs to read this and think about it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Profound and philosopical write. Too often people just accept what they are told rather than searching for the truth for themsleves. You keep on surprising me, my friend. Nicely done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


oh wow...

The copyright philosophies
Saturates the knowledge
Till all meaning
Is watered down
And the education drowns
Freedom of speech.

Absolutely LOVE this...You have outdone yourself!! This has got to be the best poem I have read of yours...You touch so many different levels with this one.


For it is easier to believe
Than learning
What really hunts the mind
And devours the heart.

This is so true...I will not go onto a tangent here cause I really want too...but I will say this. People are so lazy in this day and age. They sit in front of a box and let it tell them what to think...to wear...to weigh...to feel even. And if it is not the box in their living room then it is someone on a soapbox telling them the end of the world is about to happen. Thus the lemmings gather at the cliff and jump. Ok...enough said. :) Awesome Write!! This is going into my favs...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What powerful imagery here! It is easier for people to believe what they are told then to risk learning the truth. The truth sometimes hurts or worse. It is easier not to seek the truth, just live our lives out, never really knowing who we are or what we are or anything else. This is really great and very impressive!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh this is so good, true and profound.. in so many ways our own freedoms of speech and rights have drowned out and caused confusion with education upon ourselves. A great way to test that is doing a search online with so many topics.. you have to check more than one location to know that the info you get is correct these days!!! Somewhere the truth lays.. usually somewhere in the middle.

The sense that we would rather believe what we are told or taught then search ourselves for those answers.. though even with searching.. it's sometimes hard to know if the content is correct when searching online as it depends on the source! This writing.. causes a person to look deeper.. and challenges a person to feel and think for oneself.. in reverse psychology with the last 4 lines:

For it is easier to believe
Than learning
What really hunts the mind
And devours the heart.

Though by simple philosophy.. it could also be taken as a warning that we are not meant to know the real truth and/or better off not to know and just enjoy our lives.. least we be heart-broken and our brains twisted with the real answers! Knowledge is like that Pandora's box..what will spring out.. bad or good?? It really does depend on the mindset of the finder.. Sure made me think.. great job!


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1423 Views
38 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on November 24, 2009
Last Updated on January 14, 2011

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..