Infected Reflection

Infected Reflection

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

Sitting in the dark

Under the covers

In hopes the monster

Will not find him.

All though not cold

He shivers and wanders

Is tonight pain free

Or will the hand

That should protect

Be his agony.

Why oh why

He cries inside

So no one hears the fear

Buried within his heart.

On and on he prays

Till the day of freedom,

Free to be the man

His father never was…

In stead he wakes to find

The monster he once feared

Is now unwillingly

In the mirror.

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It reminds me of the saying "Mirror Mirror on the wall I am my mother after all." Something so many people swear they will never be, but always find traces of them within. A wonderful write that is very powerful. In the end though you will be who you want to be and the traces of your parents will be their good qualities. =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I absolutely love it. I was left wanting more. Very good choice for the title to be so pivotal in explaining the story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Poignant, and very well done Dale. I see here such a awareness in your write, at least you see it, and you fear it maybe, but the way of healing is to fear it. You shall beat this monster in the mirror, quicker than you might think ;) wonderful write. just wonderful. And recognizable, as the red cord always needs to be free, and solved and seen... it touched me deeply.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This gave me chills- yes, it is wonderfully written , more so the truth and a sad one..
Very good writing Dale.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Like father like son. We can inherit anger and ugliness if we're not careful. I like the scary tone in this. Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is sooo good... i think at points we all think we consider ourselfs as monsters at one point keep on!

-Anna Kay Patton

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow, this is so profound and so sad too. Powerful write my friend...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a powerfully profound write, filled with feelings of such pain and sadness. It can be so very haunting to encounter those dark things buried deep within us... Amazing poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sorry Cowboy, although I can't presume this is about you but still, it is sad. Sad and well written. The ending got me by surprise. *huggs*?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with Theresa about the (Mirror Mirror On The Wall Theory! Sent a we shiver down my spine! :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ooh Dale, this was haunting and soo soo sad, the fear of becoming what you never wanted to be is such
a sad thing. this was very good!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

950 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 12, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..