Three Views, One Vision

Three Views, One Vision

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 

Dirty window;

Distorts the truth,

Dimming that gleam

In your eyes:

Leave the illusion

Of your skin covered in dirt,

Making way for your epitaph.

 

Tinted window;

Covers the truth,

Concealing any expression

Upon your face:

Leaving you as blank

As an unwritten verse,

Canceling a read between the lines.

 

Clean window;

Is the clear truth,

The one I always imagine

Escaping your lips:

Jail breaking thoughts

That breaks me free of guilt,

So life is no longer like parole.

 

Three windows, four walls…

Three views, one vision…

Three chances, one choice…

 

…Maybe I’ll take a chance and breakdown

         the pane-less wall instead.

 

© 2010 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A most powerful write with a grand message therein~ i think
the evil men do is indeed a dirty window~ and most of us live day to day
in the tinted window behind masks so to speak~ and try as we may we
want that clear window of truth , yet so hard to find it and bring to daily
use~ many of us opt for the wall no doubt~ a wonderful piece with great
use of mtaphors, cleverly penned and illustrated with complementary picture
that matched your words/vision perfectly!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

What metaphor! Simply amazing love, an intelligent poem my sweet!
I had to inhale after this and sit up straight..got me all tense lol
Truth is best taken head on..you take life and emotion at face value and I admire your thoughts and heart :)
xoxo

Posted 12 Years Ago


three dimensions i see here (length, width and depth to our perception of understanding); this reminds me of the four window pane demonstrated in my introductory psychology class that stuck with me for years. This piece is clever to be pane-less without walls is to not see through another's view but the truth of our eyes, of our feelings, of our experiences...

The Johari Window (4 panes like a window) says there are things open to us that we recognize, Hidden to us, that we're still and always discovering. Blind to us but others may see. Unknown, but the subconscious reveals when we are ready to face..the pane or pain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johari_window

Open: This quadrant represents traits of the subjects that both they and their peers are aware of.

Hidden: Hidden quadrant, representing information about them their peers are unaware of. It is then up to the subject to disclose this information or not.

Blind Spot: These represent information that the subject is not aware of, but others are, and they can decide whether and how to inform the individual about these "blind spots".

Unknown: Unknown quadrant, representing the participant's behaviors or motives that were not recognized by anyone participating. This may be because they do not apply or because there is collective ignorance of the existence of these traits.



Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The imagery is great. The metaphor for the window and walls is a great way for someone to picture this clearly in their mind. Outstanding poem. I loved the last two lines in this poem

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Funny thing
Truth is totally subjective to the observer
Change the angle by just a hairspan
Everything is different
What you consider a window
I may think of it
Being a being restrictive wall
Obstructing my view of truth.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such philosophical poems you write, and this is one of
them. Somtimes through a mirror, glass, nothing is what it
seems at times.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice work Dale! I love the title, it fits perfectly. I agree with everyone else on your metaphors, widows and walls is something shared by us all!! (Im feelin cheesy today) I enjoyed reading this, thanks for sharing :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love the metaphors. Another one I had to read over and over to try and see what it all means. I think everyone hides behind one of these windows. However I honestly don't think many are behind the clean window. I like the ending to me it's like thinking outside of the box choosing the road less traveled. Like always nicely done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


What a fabulous idea! Darn! I wish I'd thought of it. Great metaphors. "Three windows, four walls..." That's my favorite stanza. So many possibilities and the right is just waiting to be made. Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very intriguing piece...so many different ways to read it and I think everyone can interpret it in their own way. I love the thought of a tinted window, masking the truth...and the dirty window and of course the clean window that we hope to always be looking through even though in reality we may not be. Loved it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Now this is a reader.. and re-reader...and so on.. Your use of metaphors which so cleverly apply to how we view things,people, situations, etc..
well done dale. very well done..:-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

899 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 16, 2010
Last Updated on February 16, 2010

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..