Alter-Portrait

Alter-Portrait

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 

 

Gentle brushstrokes

Paint a smile

Upon her portrait face

But it won’t heal

The pain within the heart

Not in the picture frame.

The bright colors

Are nothing more

Than a mask

Covering macabre emotions

With a Mardi Gras attitude.

Loneliness is the theme

Of her artwork

At the exhibit;

Each one sold,

None taken home.

Red and black

Are the only colors

On her palette

As she creates

Her reflective masterpiece

For one final auction.

© 2010 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It is so true that we can hide our true feeling behind a mask of a smile and a friendly attitude but when it comes to art we pour our emotions into the pieces unable to hide those feelings the lurk deep within side our bodies and souls. You have painted a wonderful masterpiece here that clearly allows the reader to picture what you are describing.

It should be Than a Mask not Then a Mask. Simple little typo. I do that kind of stuff all the time lol

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Are nothing more
Than a mask
Covering macabre emotions
With a Mardi Gras attitude

We all hide behind something, don't we...and Mardi Gras is a great example of that isn't it...with the colors and the beads and the feathers...we are all looking for that excitement...that anonymous delight. Wonderful work here...

xxoxx

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Goddess, good having you read my words again and hearing your thoughts.
A beautifully painted picture of a life of loneliness and emptiness...

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

Thank you... you are right on with your analogy.
Very interesting piece..I almost said something else..but I see this ..
a person can not fake what lies within..it always "bleeds" though ..

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

Very well said, thank you.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Beautifully expressed :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The only part i didn't like is the "loneliness is the theme" lines. Try the old "show, don't tell" deal. Might make this pretty darn perfect. LOVE the last sentence.

Posted 11 Years Ago


They say in Avalon that a lady's taste may extend beyond the secure home and family. That she may like a little adventure from a mysterious knight in armor. That it's sometimes about a dream.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
written brilliantly with a great depth perfect for interpretation, I also liked your kind of mid-line rhymes, I thought that was pretty skillful (macabre, mardis gras). Nice!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I write sometimes about the masks we hide behind. This was like a painting being gradually unveiled. Brilliant

Posted 13 Years Ago


Another deep, vivid and emotional write. Great poetry Cowboy, thank you for sharing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


i love the way you opened up the poem on this one with a single brush stroke, it made the whole poem such a beautiful picture of expression!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

915 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 27, 2010
Last Updated on December 29, 2010

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by OT


Marble Marble

A Poem by Robin