Room Without A View

Room Without A View

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 

A white satin sheet

Drapes perfectly over

The empty bed.

 

Red curtains closed tight

Accent the undisturbed

Room’s mood.

 

A single candle flickers,

Clinging to the polished dresser

With molten wax.

 

The slightest breeze

Drifts under the locked door

To keep the silence company.

 

She sits alone in the dark closet

So she can understand

What it all means.

© 2011 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

No lead in, no telling blurb just a man with a message and leaving his audience with the leftovers to figure out what it all means.
A girl build with too much on her damn plate tries to find the best way possible to shut the f*****g world out. Make sthe bed, hits one candle, closes the red drapes ( an imagine of hot blooded all to itself) and one girl, locked herself in to keep some sort of f*****g grip on whatever sanity she has.

Goddamn man. Ther is not a hint in the world that I would want, or to even know what I said was even close. This f*****g thing was 5 stanzad behemoth that desreves all the dissection it can get.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow this is some piece. You caught me off guard here by another captivity by none other than that cowboy....Nice write my dear friend...ralphy

Posted 13 Years Ago


It is interesting... gives good detail. I feel the emotions in this poem. Stuck, lost, uncertanty. Looking for a new identity. I like it. Very good. I like that it leaves you hanging. I think you should leave it this way. Makes you able to create your own ending in your mind.

Posted 13 Years Ago


very descriptive. well done! i love locking everyone out maybe a little music and a candle to clear my head.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I could see and feel this room.. this place of darkness.. of isolation.. Her contemplative life being moved within... Wondering now what might be going through her mind. So well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I see this room possibly becoming her dark closet.....while her reflection on self keeps her company. It could be a long visit!

Nice!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This leaves me wondering what she wants to figure out..part two indeed! Get to writing cowboy! :P

Posted 13 Years Ago


this poem needs a part two I loved it

Posted 13 Years Ago


The last stanza is a bit mysterious and makes me wonder why she has locked herself in the closet. What has went wrong and why is she hiding. Great thought provoking write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the way you captured the essence of this scene. While I was reading this it felt like I was watching the opening for a movie.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1551 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 4, 2011
Last Updated on January 4, 2011

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by OT


Heart in Hand Heart in Hand

A Poem by OT