A Campfire Lighting

A Campfire Lighting

A Poem by Deborah Leah Krempa
"

A tribute to: the tenth anniversary of a fallen son. Laid to rest, at Arlington. ..

"
Ten years after. ...

Saturday, if the weather is nice, anyone would like to share their day, to maybe remember my son... take care of yourself, spend some time with your family and friend/s, be forgiving , be honest, be kind. Be yourself, realize how precious life is. Take some time outdoors, go for a walk in the forest, be of one spirit with the trees. Keep your chin up, see the sky, so azure blue. Seek your own rainbow. As the clouds clear, look up toward the heaven's see stars and the moon as if, for the very first time. Be kind to yourself, treat all of life's creatures with honor, respect and love shall break through all barriers and walls. Breathe as though it were your last breath of life. Close your tired weary eyes and for the the moment allow the magic of the universe bring us together as one. Mitakaye Oyacin. I miss my son. All I long for these days is peace of mind, peace on earth and the sharing of this fragile piece of my heart with the most delicate part of your own heart, where our souls connect. Sure would be nice to gather round a campfire, with old memories, peoples sharing stories, hopes and dreams. Songs and dancing with our shadows as a beautiful silhouettes...as we were intended to be. Free as the eagle with his kingdom, the sky. Free to fly. So... it's just me alone, here in t-town tonight inviting you to share with me, on April 15th 2017 a memory, a thought or a prayer. Never build a concrete wall to keep your brother out, build bridges instead. Mountains are meant to be climbed for the mountain is made from rock and stone, the lifeblood of a petrified forest. Have a wonderful weekend, a beautiful day. Still standing strong. Se la vi!

Please don't drink/drug or text and drive. Keep us all safe and alive. Hugs to all.

© 2017 Deborah Leah Krempa


Author's Note

Deborah Leah Krempa
Thank you for taking the time to read my writings.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm sorry about your loss. Lots of truth to this indeed. Life is so fragile. I just don't have the words to express my feeling for your loss. To everything there is a purpose under the sun. Your son had a purpose and he finished his race. God bless your soul is my desire--Levi

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'm sorry about your loss. Lots of truth to this indeed. Life is so fragile. I just don't have the words to express my feeling for your loss. To everything there is a purpose under the sun. Your son had a purpose and he finished his race. God bless your soul is my desire--Levi

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

411 Views
1 Review
Added on April 20, 2017
Last Updated on April 20, 2017

Author

Deborah Leah Krempa
Deborah Leah Krempa

Toledo, OH



About
I am grandmother,.. My children and my grandchildren I love them all so very much. They are my gifts from my creator, the blessings in this life. I simply adore poetry and the .. more..

Writing