Michael Jackson (a tribute)

Michael Jackson (a tribute)

A Poem by Deborah Leah Krempa

M ichael

I  never followed your career.

C an't say I was a true fan but I listened to your music now and then.

H ow do I write a fitting tribute to the king of pop?

A  sad day it was when you died so suddenly, so tragically.

E verywhere around the world, people mourned for you.

L it candles in memory of an icon.

 

J ust a little kid when you started out.

A beautiful voice you gave to the world.

C horeography that only you could teach.

K eep singing and dancing Michael, on your journey to the stars.

S oft spoken gentle creature that you were.

O h, what a friend we had in you.

N ow may we let you rest in peace.

© 2009 Deborah Leah Krempa


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear debileah,

Michael Jackson was a super-talent, but a deeply troubled individual. I fear he didn't have the strength of character to weather his fame and the unlimited possibilities that this brought. It was rather a tragic life. I'm sure he knew happiness through some of this life and successes, but for the most part I think he was a deeply sad individual.

I did not follow the funeral at all. I was not surprised to have heard of his death. Such a tragic end, however, at such a relatively young age.

The end of an era and dynasty.

Best regards,

Rick


Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

In your poem you state that you can't say you were a true fav, but this reads as a poem that a true fan would write. Beautifully done, and in my opinion, I deem it worthy of the King of Pop.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very touching ... I wish I were the one who'd written this. And the way you spell his name with each first letter in the verse makes it very loving.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great work with this poem.. you did really well. I also appreciate how each line's beginning spells "Michael Jackson." His life was rather tragic, though, and as another user mentioned, I would also wager that he was rarely truly happy.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really liked this piece. I connect to it because I never really followed his career and barely knew any of his songs. But when he died, I was sad. I started listening to his music, and now love it. I feel that your poem is very good. I love how the beginning of each sentence spells michael jackson. Very creative.....great job!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh wow - this is so touching and conscience. I actually love him, however, have wondered about all of the accusations against him. I grew up listening to him and every time I hear his songs I get goosebumps all over. This is such a sweet and kind poem in honor of him. just lovely!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I, particularly, liked the last line, because that is something life never allowed him to have (peace!) I liked the style that this was written in, using his name; very clever. I liked that the lines worked and didn't seemed forced to fit the letters. Overall, a wonderful piece and a lovely tribute!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked the rhyming scheme and the facts are true, but I could tell you were not a fan..lol When I first saw this request in my in box, I wasn't sure what to expect because some people were visibly devastated by his death and some people thought of him in passing. I thought of him as a twisted soul. He was twisted not of his own doing, but he was merely a product of the spindle of greed from his parents and the record companies. Every dollar they was made off of his angelic child's voice turned him into something he didn't like and that was clear as the nose on his face. Nice Write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


very nice tribute to MJ... it's funny or maybe ironic over the summer about a week and half before he passed i was on vacation with my husband/in-laws and they had different entertainment shows at night - the one night was a MJ show where a bunch of look-alikes sang to his songs and danced - it was a great show - then we got home and were talking about the show and on the television the news about his death appeared...

Posted 14 Years Ago


A very well written tribute. I can truly feel what you are trying to say because before the news of his death, I was barely aware of his existence. Except for the part where he made headlines for dangling the baby from a balcony or making the kids wear masks, it was all in all, just another celebrity gossip for me.
But his death came as a shock to both me and my dad, who, by the way, is an MJ fan. It was only after his sad demise that i came to know about his great contributions in the field of music and dance. The whole thing actually troubled me for a few days.
It's not a secret that he lived a sad life. As others have already quoted, he wasn't very happy even though he had millions of fans all over the world. A sad ending to a sad story...
About the writing, I appreciate your creativity with all my heart.
"Keep singing and dancing Michael, on your journey to the stars"

Posted 14 Years Ago


WHOA!!!!!! so freakin touchin wow this was really good

the whole thing made sense and represented who MJ really waz WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1767 Views
56 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 14, 2009
Last Updated on July 15, 2009

Author

Deborah Leah Krempa
Deborah Leah Krempa

Toledo, OH



About
I am grandmother,.. My children and my grandchildren I love them all so very much. They are my gifts from my creator, the blessings in this life. I simply adore poetry and the .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain


Oh, Yes Oh, Yes

A Poem by TamiViolet