Michael Jackson (a tribute)

Michael Jackson (a tribute)

A Poem by Deborah Leah Krempa

M ichael

I  never followed your career.

C an't say I was a true fan but I listened to your music now and then.

H ow do I write a fitting tribute to the king of pop?

A  sad day it was when you died so suddenly, so tragically.

E verywhere around the world, people mourned for you.

L it candles in memory of an icon.

 

J ust a little kid when you started out.

A beautiful voice you gave to the world.

C horeography that only you could teach.

K eep singing and dancing Michael, on your journey to the stars.

S oft spoken gentle creature that you were.

O h, what a friend we had in you.

N ow may we let you rest in peace.

© 2009 Deborah Leah Krempa


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear debileah,

Michael Jackson was a super-talent, but a deeply troubled individual. I fear he didn't have the strength of character to weather his fame and the unlimited possibilities that this brought. It was rather a tragic life. I'm sure he knew happiness through some of this life and successes, but for the most part I think he was a deeply sad individual.

I did not follow the funeral at all. I was not surprised to have heard of his death. Such a tragic end, however, at such a relatively young age.

The end of an era and dynasty.

Best regards,

Rick


Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A great tribute from a non fan. You did very well.

Posted 14 Years Ago


very great write yet again...Kood'o my friend I hope to keep seeing more from you God Bless

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very nice poem, I can relate as I wasn't really a big Michael Jackson fan either. I couldn't believe when he died though - very sudden and very shocking. Pretty poem. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great tribute. I loved it

Posted 14 Years Ago


Troubled or not, you cannot deny the late Michael Jackson's sad passing. His life was sad, his passing as well. What a media circus! I prefer debileah's honest tribute over the media which kept us in suspense for hours whether he had died or not ...

Posted 14 Years Ago


indeed he is one of the few beautiful souls i've ever known. i miss michael and i truly love him so much. he is also one of the BEST dads ever!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great tribute to a troubled, but all-time great artist. May he find the peace he couldn't find in this world.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I Love Michael Jackson! R.I.P.
Well done, Deb!

Posted 14 Years Ago


nice tribute to the king of pop. I followed Micheal and his brothers ever since they started. I was sadned of his untimely death. But I know that if he is looking down or reading this tribute you wrote of him he would be so proud and glad about how you saw him. GOOD WRITE

Posted 14 Years Ago


A grand tribute by a non-fan. And I appreciate that as an enormous act of generosity.

'K eep singing and dancing Michael, on your journey to the stars.'

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1767 Views
56 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 14, 2009
Last Updated on July 15, 2009

Author

Deborah Leah Krempa
Deborah Leah Krempa

Toledo, OH



About
I am grandmother,.. My children and my grandchildren I love them all so very much. They are my gifts from my creator, the blessings in this life. I simply adore poetry and the .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain


Oh, Yes Oh, Yes

A Poem by TamiViolet