Michael Jackson (a tribute)

Michael Jackson (a tribute)

A Poem by Deborah Leah Krempa

M ichael

I  never followed your career.

C an't say I was a true fan but I listened to your music now and then.

H ow do I write a fitting tribute to the king of pop?

A  sad day it was when you died so suddenly, so tragically.

E verywhere around the world, people mourned for you.

L it candles in memory of an icon.

 

J ust a little kid when you started out.

A beautiful voice you gave to the world.

C horeography that only you could teach.

K eep singing and dancing Michael, on your journey to the stars.

S oft spoken gentle creature that you were.

O h, what a friend we had in you.

N ow may we let you rest in peace.

© 2009 Deborah Leah Krempa


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear debileah,

Michael Jackson was a super-talent, but a deeply troubled individual. I fear he didn't have the strength of character to weather his fame and the unlimited possibilities that this brought. It was rather a tragic life. I'm sure he knew happiness through some of this life and successes, but for the most part I think he was a deeply sad individual.

I did not follow the funeral at all. I was not surprised to have heard of his death. Such a tragic end, however, at such a relatively young age.

The end of an era and dynasty.

Best regards,

Rick


Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A wonderful tribute...he was a great talent but very mis-understood. He life was plagued with allogations ect. I have been a fan since I was a child and he released Thriller.....what it was like to watch his vidoes. A wonderful write!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Not a big fan (although he did have some good songs). This is a fitting tribute to him though. Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautiful and fitting tribute to a gifted singer and entertainer. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was beautiful. He will be missed and be in all hearts. And his music will always be remembered. Nice write and I enjoyed it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That was awesome.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The world loves an innocent to death. But was he entirely innocent? He was certainly a brilliant entertainer.

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Being a couple of generations removed from MJ, though an afficionado of popular music, I never really took Michael seriously. Maybe that's a generational thing. However, he was certainly an extremely talented individual, both in song and dance. I feel that he was deliberately targeted in his latter years by people who were purely after his money. He was a sitting duck, really, for those child sex allegations. The fact is that Michael himself was a child, and he loved playing with other children. The allegations were both cruel, and a farce. The world has certainly lost a gentle, caring soul who was an extreme talent, and they don't come around too often.
David.

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Beautifully done! Youre so good at these acrostics!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Like you, I never followed his music but some I heard and enjoyed. My heart pitys him more than anything else as he put his body and mind through so much trying to be someone other than the person he was at birth..God does not make mistakes..why go through so much heartache to prove you can improve what God has made..I liked your write very much..God bless..Valentine

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Ah! That was so so beautiful and such a great tribute to a great person..
May his soul rest in peace

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1767 Views
56 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 14, 2009
Last Updated on July 15, 2009

Author

Deborah Leah Krempa
Deborah Leah Krempa

Toledo, OH



About
I am grandmother,.. My children and my grandchildren I love them all so very much. They are my gifts from my creator, the blessings in this life. I simply adore poetry and the .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain


Oh, Yes Oh, Yes

A Poem by TamiViolet