The Tyres.

The Tyres.

A Story by Deeksha
"

Just another day at school. :) 22 November 2008 actually.

"
So, it's a Saturday, the one after our annual day, but no, we HAVE to attend our very "special" classes. Whatever. We're done by 10:30am after about an hour of Biology and 1 hour and 45 minutes of Physics. Gosh, we're so tortured in school. Our bus wasn't going to come to pick us up today. Of course it wouldn't, it's no working day. Not technically. 
After the uneventful walk down the stairs, we have this realization, that we could just stay back and play a little bit of basketball. Yeah, right. We would just watch the others play it. 
So, Argya, Ashmita, Akshaya and I sit around and watch Aditya, Aditya, a couple of goons from the 12th grade whose names escape me, Akshay, a couple of goons from the 10th grade whose names escape me, Kruthika, Sandesh, Harshit and Dev play.
We're just sitting. Doing nothing. We're so bored. Another goon dumps in his bag into this huge heap of bags, at least 10 of them in it, and joins in. Argya and I look at him perform this action of his only to realize what a huge advantage of their intense involvement in the game we could take. We walk over to where the bags were kept (right under the basket or whatever it is called) and we acquire some places to sit down. Our ingenious plan, was to tie up all the bags, to each other. Yes, it was typically childish and stupid. But we were really bored. 
After smiling away some of the looks we got for sitting where we were, we got to work. After attempting to tie a couple of bags, we realized why we got the looks. Half the time, the ball doesn't go where its supposed to. Also, it usually ends up hitting us. We should've known better, but we were there and we were going to finish what we'd started. So, we're tying them up and Aksh and Ashmi are giving us weird looks. Actually, giving us looks like we were weird. OK, we were. Whatever, it was fun. 
After dodging the basket ball a dozen times, we are done. Every bag is tied to every other. There's also a tie in there somewhere tied up with the other bags. We, after giggling for at least 5 minutes, leave that forsaken place back to where we were sitting. Sitting safely, without being hit by the basket ball. 
Haha, we are the best practical jokers ever. OK, maybe not. But it was a pretty fun thing to do.
We're sitting there and rejoicing. Basking in the glory of our marvelous deed. 
Uh oh. This random guy wants to go home. He picks up his bag and starts to walk. Oh no, he isn't going anywhere. Along with his bag, are another dozen bags. Oh, and a tie. 
We aren't giggling anymore. We're laughing like crazy. We high 5 and look around for some more bags.
Pranaav and Sagar are running around with a football. Our next victims. Mwahahaha. 
"Pranaav, where's your bag, we want some water."
"I don't have water." 
"OK, Does Sagar have some?"
"No, we don't carry water." Like that's something cool. Whatever.
"You have your social studies text book?"
"No, I don't have any text book."
"You have your social studies class work?"
"No." What does he have? Sheesh.
"OK, give us any class work." We were outta ideas!
"Nothing's in my bag."
"Damn you Pranaav, just show us your bag!"
Pranaav, all disoriented, shows us where his bag is kept and screams something really loud to one of his playmates and runs away.
We had his bag and Sagar's. 
Pranaav's bag is kinda weird. There was nothing to tie! So, after much profound thinking, we give up. Arzoo's standing there. Mwahahahaha. We're so evil.
"Hi Arzoo, you look tired, want us to hold your bag for you?"
"Er.. ? ? ?" She stood there in utter shock, but still smiling.
Pranaav, from God-knows-where runs in, "They're up to something, don't give them your bag!"
He runs away almost immediately after saying that, screaming something else this time, to a different friend.
Damn him. Party pooper.
We decide to do something with his bag. After many, many attempts, we get something out of Pranaav's bag. But since we were done with tying up Sagar's bag to the ones randomly kept next to his, we had nothing to tie Pranaav's bag with. 
We looked around, nope, nothing. 
OK, lets just tie it to itself. There, we're done. Oh, who's pullover is that? 
"Eh, who's pullover is this?"
"Mine! What do you want?" screams back Pranaav from somewhere.
"Nothing, nothing at all." Mwahahaha.
So, we had something to tie his to after all. 
Now, we're really done.
High 5.
We let them bags be, walk across the field back to where we were sitting. Akshaya and Ashmita give us weird looks again. We giggle them away. After some whining about going home from Ashmita and some more for staying back from Akshaya, we tell them what we've been upto. Truly amazed and feeling left out, we are finally appreciated. Yay us!
Now, all we need to do, is wait for them to pick their bags up. Also, a nickname. After coming up with names like The Bag Rogues and others better not discussed, we settle for The Tyres.
Finally, we decide to leave. It's around noon, and we're hungry. But we want to wait and watch our ingenious plan at work. 
"AADDDDIII, we're going. Are you coming?"
We hear two replies:
"Yeah! Gimme 5 minutes."
And:
"No. Go away."
We wait for the Aditya who wants us to wait. 
"Five minutes are up!" Ashmi can be so impatient sometimes. She is so sweet. (:|)
"OK da, I'm going. Good game."
He runs to where his bag is kept and picks it up, along with a dozen more. We high 5 again!
"What the flip!", he screams, "..and what the hell's my tie doing here?!"
Sandesh, like a total good-boy, sits down and untangles all the bags while we continue to laugh and giggle and high 5!
OK, our stomachs hurt and we're ready to leave.
"My tie, its ruined."
"Awwwwwww..." 
We high 5 behind his back and giggle some more.
"YOU IDIOTS!" 
Someone's running and screaming. Running and screaming? Has to be Pranaav.
"What the hell have you done to my bag!!!"
"Where's your pullover man?" (Haha!)
"It must be inside."
"You didn't see it?"
"Eh, my bag's heavy, it must be inside!" Yeah, right. With nothing inside that bag, its "heavy".
"Check, check."
"Damn it, I must've left it there."
"Right. Go. Run. Get it."
The watchman's closing the gate! Uh oh!
We run to him, beg him to open the gate for us and let us go. 
"Pleeeeeeeeeeease uncle.. pleeeeeeeeease!!"
Thanks to some random Chinese girls who were honking to get out, he opens the gate. Yay us! We're out! 
We leave and turn back to wish our school a happy weekend. Someone's running and screaming. Pranaav, again. 
"Wait!!"
But the watchman doesn't seem to like him, he closes the gate.
Oh, how we hoped that Pranaav would be stuck inside, but apparently, we didn't hope hard enough, because, he was stuck midway. 
After pulling Pranaav and his pullover and after he screamed some more, we finally had him out.
Phew, what a day. 
:)

© 2010 Deeksha


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i dont think i said Go Away.

Posted 14 Years Ago


"No. Go away." That was you by the way. :) Haha.

Posted 14 Years Ago


:(

Posted 14 Years Ago


I'll miss it. :|

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 4, 2010
Last Updated on January 4, 2010

Author

Deeksha
Deeksha

Bangalore, India



Writing
Photograph Photograph

A Poem by Deeksha


That Day. That Day.

A Poem by Deeksha