Familiar Lies

Familiar Lies

A Story by Phillitup
"

I don't even know...

"

I have no clue how long it's been since I've seen you. God knows its too long. I contacted you a couple times a few years back, time enough to forget. The first time, you said you hadn't forgotten, but we've both grown up and I've shoved you right out of my mind. Maybe you don't know who I am anymore, no doubt we've changed enough to be two different people entirely. I hadn't thought about trying to find you again now that there are easier ways. The modern world is a wonderful place to find people who you used to revolve around.

 

It was only when my brother mentioned one of his friends from back then that I realized. Maybe I could find you, maybe we could talk. We could treat each other the way that we used to, we could catch up on all the years that have passed. We'd learn what life was like back in the place I had to leave. If I had stayed, would we even still be friends?

 

My biggest question is if you remember me. If you remember the times we played on the playground and ran around. If you remember the kiss you planted on my cheek like the shy, crazy kindergarteners we were. I wonder if my existence in your life changed anything for you, as short as it was. I wonder if you still hold me in your mind with the same gentleness that I hold you in mine. I wonder if my face would still set off butterflies off in your stomach, because a picture I managed to find from a year or so ago make dinosaurs tromp through mine.

 

I wonder if you would still enjoy hanging out with me the way that we used to, if we could still manage to even get along. Maybe we could, maybe we could become friends again through words and memories and care. Maybe my biggest dream would come true and you would talk to me again.

 

But, more than that, I'm just wondering if you even know who I am, because I remember you and I'll never forget how you changed me.

 

Love always,

 

Your Kindergarten Friend Who Moved Away

 

© 2014 Phillitup


Author's Note

Phillitup
Please leave a review, thoughts? Yes, this is true...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This reminds me of all my buddies back in kindergarten.
Jaz, Lamont, Joseph, Mark, Taylor, Megan... We were your regular gang of kiddos, lol
The one that struck me the most was Taylor, though. My very best friend.
This is a great little story full of longing and wonder.
Very well played. ^^

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phillitup

9 Years Ago

Thanks, that means a lot. :)
Bluefire

9 Years Ago

You're welcome. ^^



Reviews

I like this, I sometimes think back to people that I have known in the past that have moved away and sometimes wonder if they remember me since I remember them xD This sounds to me to be a bittersweet letter.

Good Job

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phillitup

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)
~*~Peace Keeper~*~

9 Years Ago

You're welcome
I love how it's a story in a sort of letter. It flows really well, including the transition between paragraphs. It's awesome to see you on here again (btw, you might want to change your age... :P)

-Willa

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This reminds me of all my buddies back in kindergarten.
Jaz, Lamont, Joseph, Mark, Taylor, Megan... We were your regular gang of kiddos, lol
The one that struck me the most was Taylor, though. My very best friend.
This is a great little story full of longing and wonder.
Very well played. ^^

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phillitup

9 Years Ago

Thanks, that means a lot. :)
Bluefire

9 Years Ago

You're welcome. ^^

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

394 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 29, 2014
Last Updated on June 29, 2014

Author

Phillitup
Phillitup

FL



About
I am 14-years-old. I find inspiration all over the place: memories, ideas, things I notice. I like believing in things that others find impossible. I think that's the way I hope for a better future. .. more..

Writing