American Savior

American Savior

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

For everyone who fought the power when the power was dead wrong

"


From Our greatest shame
Arose our greatest hero
A beautiful man
Freed us from our ignorance
and gave us humanity

© 2013 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
Dr Martin Luther King is a big hero of mine. He was just one man but what he represented was huge. His contribution, the contribution of thousands of decent people who knew a raw deal when they saw it and put their asses on the line to change it. We laugh at dinosaurs like Reverend Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson but we should never forget what they went through just to get a place at the table. We've come a long way since then but racism isn't over, it'll never be over. There's always going to be ignorant people in this world.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Here, here! A timely testament to one of America's greatest leaders. When I was young, bathrooms and water faucets,not to speak of schools, were still segregated in the South, and now a Black man is our President. Without Dr. King, Obama would not be the most powerful man in the world.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

That's for sure. Thank you Joyce
yes and amen. this is wonderful.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you TL.
Well done, Mark. .

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you Kimmer
⊰ℛℛ⊱
Even before I read the Author's Note, I knew at once this was Martin Luther King. Even without the photo. Your words were so distinct and distinguished, I could immediately see the man in your words. :)

"Freed us from our ignorance and gave us humanity."

Very nicely written, Rico.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you sir
Very very beautiful. A nice tribute to Martin Luther King, loved this one. shows the serious side of you. hahha!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you Cassie
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
a great tribute to the man that move many!
nicely penned!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you mr pax
Is this site still active? Is the 'posted 6 years ago' just on all the posts? Is this site for adults or teen writers?

Posted 10 Years Ago


I'm shocked at myself. I spent some time reading the comments. Then it dawned on me. I saw the photo. I saw the caption on the photo. Where is the writing? The caption is your writing? I've seen better. As to the topic, aren't 'anti-racists' the same people who DEFEND AND DEEPLY LOVE Israeli apartheid? I look a little higher for moral guidance.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Good for you
A short but inspirational poem and I couldn't agree more with your sentiments !

Top job !

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you tom
Tom

10 Years Ago

You're welcome Rico !
Outstanding, BR. I applaud you for this, and agree with all you say. Too many people these days want to drag us backwards.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you Sam

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1170 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2013
Last Updated on August 15, 2013

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..