Rico's Feminine Side or Lack Thereof

Rico's Feminine Side or Lack Thereof

A Story by Baby Ricochet
"

Just having some fun with my hyper masculine persona

"


There's a line of thought in psycho pop new age hippy emo p***y bullshit circles that men need to get in touch with their feminine sides. In fact it wasn't all that long ago one of my dip s**t councilors suggested I do just that. My response to his suggestion was completely nonverbal and his reply was to clear his throat and say "Okay, we'll skip that idea for now." Why I was so hostile to his idea (and to a large degree still am) I'm not sure because the guy was probably right. The funny thing is I believe a fully developed psyche should be androgynous. That way one side of the psyche can check the other for excesses of estrogen fueled delirium and testosterone crazed mayhem before it ever gets started. Maybe that's why older men are less prone to doing the stupid s**t younger men just seem to have to do. (Besides the fact most older men have already done all the stupid s**t younger men do and know just when the cops are gonna show up) An older man may check with his feminine side and if she says it's idiotic he stays home and watches chicks hold hands and cry about puppies on the Oprah network or some s**t. Another thing that would seem to run counter to me being hostile to a feminine side is a lot of traditional guy stuff doesn't interest me at all. If someone asks me about sports my line is "The only thing I'd be interested in at a game is the cheer leaders." So please, whatever you do, don't drag me to a sports event that doesn't have girls in short skirts showing plenty of leg and midriff jumping around with pom poms. They're the only entertainment that could make a night at a game bearable to me. I can't go into strip clubs either cause I walk out broke every single time, even if I don't have my wallet. I don't know how the girls do it (yes I do) but it never bloody fails so please, don't make me go. I got bills to pay. Wait. What the f**k was I writing about? Oh yeah. The male feminine side and why I'm hostile to the idea even though I know I shouldn't be. Part of it's generational. I'm in my thirties and my generation of men typically don't think that way. Ask a typical thirty something straight guy about his feminine side and he'll probably look at you like you just took a dump on his birthday cake. The concept just ain't sinking in. Another factor is my service in the Marine Corps. The corps method of indoctrination is nothing short of brilliant and much of it stays with you FOREVER. I've been out since 08 (a decision I've never stopped regretting) but part of me is still a Marine and that will never change. What that means is there's always going to be a grunt in me looking to "GET SOME!" Whatever that may be at any given moment and trust me, nothing could be more archaic male than "GET SOME!" Another factor is I have two older brothers and no sisters so I was born in a "testosterone storm." What that means is women who crank out all boys those boys tend to be hyper masculine with the youngest being a regular neanderthal. Obviously this isn't always the case and I may have read about this "brute boy" study in a tabloid rag I found in a toilet at a bus station but all I know is my oldest brother joined the Army so I joined the Marines because I thought he was a candy a*s. Another factor is hormones, specifically testosterone and I have testosterone oozing out of my freaking pores. Much of that comes from my passion for bodybuilding. Lifting all that stupid heavy weight increases production of testosterone which as we all know increases masculine characteristics in both men and women. That's why female bodybuilders who use steroids lose their feminine features. They have to mix testosterone into their cycle so they start to look like men.
(Disclaimer: If a chick has bigger guns than mine I am NOT into her.) Last and definitely not the least of all factors as to why Baby Ricochet has an under developed feminine side is the idea annoys the f**k out of me. It assumes that because I'm a big, hyper masculine, Brock Sampson, no one talks about fight club kind of dude I'm "underdeveloped and that s**t just sticks in my craw. It's emo p***y bullshit and I know it is because I never heard of the concept until I was out of the Marine Corps and as far as I'm concerned the Corps taught me all I need to know about life which is probably why I've had so much trouble adjusting to the civilian world. I didn't fit into it very well when I was a teenager and I don't fit into it very well now. Their are people in my life who seem to think I'm from another bloody galaxy because I'm so male. To be fair they just think bodybuilding is weird and I'll admit it is a weird hobby.Even I can understand how much of a stretch it is for a lot of people to relate to a desire to look like a Clydesdale in a wife beater tee shirt that's so overwhelming you'll do anything to achieve that goal. It is a pretty extreme thing to do but what can I tells ya, it's my thing. 
No I don't think men are under attack in this country and I don't think women and gays are taking over and even if they were I wouldn't give a f**k. A female or gay president couldn't be any worse than some of the Schmucks we've elected to that god forsaken office. I'm telling you though, the next a*****e who tells me to get in touch with my feminine side, I'm gonna piss in his rice crispies.

© 2013 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
The guy on the left is WWF superstar John Cena. (My girlfriend has a thing for him. She likes big boys.) The other guy is the British Comic Eddie izzard. Eddie's stand up routines are intelligent, insightful and hilarious. He's one of my faves, that's for sure.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great story telling. This did justice in the realm of getting the message across. Great message. There's lot of times where a story can have a great message to aim for, and have a lot of under lining things but then no one gets it, and if no one gets it, then the point has failed. But in my opinion this did well to get the message across. You made it clear, which is why I think it's good. Keep up the good work. What was also great was that I could imagine the story as I read it, and that is also a strong point of stories. The ability to have the reader imagine it because after all we're reading not watching it, but it was as if I was there as I read this, and that is great. Good job once again.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I don't know if my family is specifically masculine or just "earthy" and I don't know if "earthy" is really a masculine or feminine trait. I just know that my mom was a chick and I kinda grew to hate her on multiple levels because she used her femininity to eff people over every chance she got. I'm a girl. I like being a girl. I don't want to be a guy. But integrity is not gender specific so while I am girly - I don't wield my girlness like a broadsword. (get it? broad sword) my dad? He was a cussin, fartin' meat eatin, beer drinking military guy - my hub is a guy and my boys - they're guys too. I don't want them to be "girly" I think they should be guys. They can be respectful - but they're dudes and that's a good thing. I really liked this post. I think that whole "feminine" thing is crap. I can't abide by a male who is prettier and smells more floral than me. That being said. I do like a man who likes puppies. That's not feminine is it?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Lol! Thank you TL.
Depends what exactly is expected by showing a feminine side?

If its walking my little s**t-tzu's in the park while other guys walk their sheperds, labs and rotweilers, if its picking dandelions for our pet bunny rabbit, if its telling my two young children I love them before kissing them goodnight and likewise my wife, then I'm as feminine as they come!!

But I've another name for it....Its called being a Man ! And I don't need any counselor to tell me that!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

That's for sure. Thank you tom
Marie

10 Years Ago

Your attitude is commendable Tom. My second husband was one of the kindest, most sensative people I .. read more
Tom

10 Years Ago

Very kind of you to say so Marie!
Must have missed this one, BR. Without seeming like another demanding counselor, I just want to advise you to keep on being you. There's no one else who comes close to accomplishing that goal - you take the Gold Medal! We all love you the way you are and wouldn't want to change one hair on your head or one muscle on your upper left arm - or right. (By the way, I hate Oprah and Dr. Phil and would rather pay the bills than waste an hour watching that slop!)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Lol! Thank you Joyce
I doubt any sane person is gonna ask you to become feminine lol ,Might as well ask the sun to take over the moons job. Though I do think you haunt the night a bit .

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

thank you Tate
Thanks for sharing this BR, get to know a little more about you but this I probably guessed the first time we ever talked, you definitely give out the macho male vibe and I got nothing but respect for that. Besides body building though you've got a talent for writing and being witty gotta commend you for that, you're awesome!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you Cynical Method
If you ever had a feminine side it ram away long ago.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

That happened in boot camp
You never hold anything back my friend...keep it flowing and we will keep reading.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you jack
THAT'S EDDIE IZZARD!! Cake or death xD I love him...oh. I should be reading...okay...

I'll read it tomorrow.

Posted 10 Years Ago


KAOlmsted

10 Years Ago

So I read it...xD You rock, Big Man xoxo
Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

Thank you Kimmer
KAOlmsted

10 Years Ago

My pleasure ;-)
I love your straight to the point way with words, Mark. Yep - you are who you are, "masculine" or "feminine" are labels that therapists like to throw out because they feel like they have to find something "wrong"... A worthy rant; I laughed and nodded throughout, and shared some choice phrases with my husband, who agrees!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

10 Years Ago

LOL! Thank you Rita

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1109 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 15, 2013
Last Updated on September 15, 2013

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Last Sigh Last Sigh

A Poem by Frieda P