Radical Islam and US Media

Radical Islam and US Media

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

Just my opinion kids

"
While liberal media was busy covering Muslims denouncing the Charlie Hebdo attack and right wing media was cooking up crackpot conspiracies blaming president Obama a German newspaper was fire bombed for daring to re print Charlie Hebdo cartoons. US media has an uncanny knack for missing the big picture in favor of whatever bias your outlet of choice is pushing. Liberal or conservative. Most of it is insanely bias. It's blatantly obvious something's very wrong in the Muslim world and all the feel good PC liberal rhetoric and right wing quackery the media spoon feeds viewers isn't addressing the issue as much of the "reporting" on Charlie Hebdo demonstrates. I don't care how many Muslims are denouncing the Charlie Hebdo attacks when the attacks keep happening nor do I care what FOX news is ignoring or fabricating or what liberal conspiracy right wing media swears liberal media is selling. It's obvious the Muslim world is impotent in the face of it's own radicalism as much as it's obvious US media is far to interested in finger pointing at each other than actual insightful reporting. US media needs to start a serious conversation as to what in the hell is going on in the Islamic world without all the usual liberal PC posturing and right wing conspiracy fear mongering if we're ever going to gain any insight as to why Islamic culture has such a violent shadow. Face it kids. Any culture producing the type and number of extremists  Islam does clearly has a major problem. Blaming Israel or the us or big oil or Bush or Obama or shouting Islamaphobia or comparisons with Christianity's violent past or any of the talking points we hear over and over again when Radical Islam strikes isn't addressing the Issue. You can bet more Charlie Hebdo attacks are coming as well as more denouncements, PC posturing, crackpot conspiracy theories and media pointing at itself.  That's the dance of US media in the face of radical Islam. We need another lens on this issue, bad. 

© 2015 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
US media outlets play to their demographic first and report second and that's a major problem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

US media has an uncanny knack for missing the big picture in favor of whatever bias your outlet of choice is pushing...

This is so true - there is so much more to EVERY story, but we will never hear about it from the media. Radical ANYTHING is dangerous, but it seems we would rather keep it spinning than deal with deeper issues and real communication...

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

That's it. Thanks Rita
Pryde is right about the poverty, but poverty is no excuse. Neither is religion. What it all comes down to is greed. They want it. We want it. Let's fight over it. Who keeps the biggest cave and has the most rocks at the end of it wins.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks Marie
First off, Baby, we can always count on you to be brave … but what is going in the the Islamic world is rampant poverty, in-equality and oppression AND children growing up with the constant threat of death … when from birth if you have watched your home and the homes around you be bombed and had loved one after loved one lost to war … it makes perfect sense that you do not see the value in life. So when a master manipulator whispers into suffering ears there is something better waiting after death, is there any wonder that there are some takers? For a while there were some pretty violent Catholics in the IRA … no one asked what is going on in the Catholic world … everyone knew it was about politics and economics … religion is used to manipulate people into acts of atrocity it is not the cause … a tool maybe … but greed and anger are the cause.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

That's a big part of it. Thanks Pryde
The media is nothing but a bunch of door to door salesman peddling whichever ware seems to be selling the best, regardless of if it is something anyone wants. Your words speak truth my friend.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks willweb
Christianity (in any of its splintered forms) isn't all that older than Islam - so parallels in extremist violence don't really fit. The issues of violence and bigotry have existed within all religions -- "WE are right and our way IS the ONLY way!" - seems that has always been what religion is eventually about. People are only as brilliant as their bullies allow them to be, and brilliant bullies gain power by directing the less-brilliant ones. Manipulating masses (and hence their societies) is not a new thing - living beside it isn't new either. Dealing with extremism means doing what you need to with the individuals that direct, plan, and perform such atrocities and NOT acquiesce to ANYONE that empowers it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Great answer. Thanks Chris
you're right and it seems to me you always are, please stand for President that would scare them more than any radicalism :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks richard
Wow and I say it in an honest way.

I really like your articles BR, your research and the structure of your composition.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks for stopping by
i agree about the damn media wars...there is no just reporting the news anymore---it is democrat CNN vs. Republican Fox...and it is to the death...not even a 15 rounder.

i love the cartoon..."he drew first"--very clever it is.
and your commentaries on world issues or personal issues always fascinate me.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1161 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 13, 2015
Last Updated on January 13, 2015

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..