I Can Be in Heaven Too.

I Can Be in Heaven Too.

A Poem by Kyle A. Smith
"

LAMEEE, did in about five to ten mins for my teachers freewrite thing.

"

 

I Can Be in Heaven Too.
 
I asked your forgiveness too many times mother. I bade farewell to the God below me; to move asunder to make well compact the room of buds. I left only one blossom though, there at my feet and I labeled it as beauty. With colors so green and love so pink, the petals fall as I call if she does or not. Light bleeds from the head, and as each one falls…it leaves me with more and more black.
I watched on, seeing its leaves pass through the floor and illuminate the sprawling roots. With each passing, the arms grew larger reaching out more and more. Three times the petals were caught by their hands, resting there until the soft light decays and the wind beneath tears it and the air takes its ash away. Eventually the beauty was left with one and just the bulb. It looked as if she really did. Yet I wondered why it took so long to find out…
“Hello” I called into the room where four walls (collapse) rebounded my cry. It echoed back, but it was not my verse, something more; something not of this world. The candlelight of the flaming wick of the center burned…but did not suffice to make me see what hath called. It spoke once more, inaudible, but sending a chill around the air, blowing out the very last petal; leaving me alone in the ink. “What are you?” I asked unafraid. I heard the lick of lips; his sinister lapping, teasing and mocking me.
It did not answer. I did not see before it happened. There! There! An eye hath formed from the center! His black waiting where the exquisite flower lay! The red! The red! The color! I was melting once more! I knew! I knew! Is this when I die from this world! Oh god! You judged me! Placed me here on this plain! And now! I am melting again! Is it my sin that’s forming the black…? I know all too well that the red is of the flesh, my blood! The white! My skin and bone! Shall I be judged once more!? Shall I god!? Give me answers! Give me Break! Give me summers! Winters! Falls! And springs! I know of ye mind father! But that of the eternal mother! I know you have willed her away from the middle! From the damnation to even more damning! I stand before you all mighty eye! May you move to my center; look upon me! Judge me once more with the gaze! Must this torture me! Why must you imply this! Oh god! Oh god! Pluck me! The one! The being! The fallen angel you bade another chance to!
I stand before you eye (mocker)…as just a soul. I witness…but do not feel. I am yours for the taking.
(The laugh I exhaled, it seemed so sweet with vengeance…but I was the lie, the fake…according to her; mother.)
Spring came, and with it, a meadow of blossom. The smile I wore…stretched on to infinity. Amen.
 

© 2008 Kyle A. Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. This is really good! You have a really good eye for poetry :) I love this so much!

Posted 11 Years Ago


OMG!! u wrote this in 10 minutes?!
jeez it takes me like forever to write something down.
wowowowowowow.
absolutely amazing.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 6, 2008
Last Updated on May 6, 2008

Author

Kyle A. Smith
Kyle A. Smith

MI



About
The only thing that i truly know that drives me is my music, the rest is just all jumbled together with everything, and it all seems to be connected. What I get out of that, is trials, dreams, love, a.. more..

Writing