Mall Manic Panic

Mall Manic Panic

A Chapter by Decere Tiozon
"

Another nightmare: A mall shooting turned to an endless chase scene.

"

Mall Manic Panic


For some strange reason, I became a total girly-girl. In a vast mall with plenty of stores to roam around in , I began to wander off from store to store looking for some really cute outfits. This was a mega mall, where I could roam for hours. With an endless supply of money, and where everything seems to be free, I took in a couple bags of clothing to enjoy. This was the best place to be. However I was alone, shopping without a companion to talk to.

The spacious Center had a steady current of people walking around. Large advert screens attached to the ceiling spread across the Center, showing bright pictures of various product. The sleek design of the mall made everything relaxing, clean and calming. I searched for the escalators, going from floor to floor. Each store had their own mood, playing different genres that relates to the overall feeling as you go in. I was pleasantly wandering for what seemed like an eternity.

I found myself at the Center again, sitting by the water fountain that stood in the middle of everything. The people all around me seemed happy enough, even though I couldn’t make out their faces. I stood at the edge of the water fountain, walking out of boredom. I looked up; the massive glass skylight assisted the artificial light with sunshine.

A haunting scream suddenly made even the most obnoxious kid quiet down. A gunshot fired soon afterwards. The steady wave of people halted in their places, frozen in shock. It was an eerie feeling, as if time had stopped. We all looked towards the direction the sound came from. Ahead of me were a group of men with guns appeared with a frail woman’s body laying at their feet. A domino effect took place. As soon as one ran away, the rest of followed. A stampede flowed out. Everyone was trying to run away from this group, and anyone had the equal chance of getting hurt.

I ran to my right, to a shadowed hallway where no one dared run that direction. Behind me, I could feel the presence of one of the men following me from behind. This was when I was starting to wake up. Taking full advantage of the semi-lucidity I had gained, I tried to fly away. It was like walking on the moon. I had the ability to jump very high, but there was still enough gravity to pull me down. The shadowed corridors swallowed me whole.


I found myself climbing upstairs to a jewelry shop. A small group of newly acquainted people followed right behind me. A gunshot rang, followed by screaming women and children. Some were crying; the others were begging. I went ahead and hid behind shelves filled with diamond rings. I took a peek, trying to see what the hell I could do. One of my new friends handed me a gun to use. I inhaled deeply, ready to become a hero. I fired shots towards my enemies, but they disappeared. The cornered women and children disappeared, along with the acquaintances I had made.

I ran downstairs, deathly afraid. At the bottom of the stairs was a door that led to a basement. There’s something dangerous about not knowing what your enemy doesn’t look like. The door behind me closed, and I quickly locked it behind me. Random wooden crates scattered all around. The concrete walls felt like a cave. I crouched behind one of the boxes, waiting for something.

The door knob jingled�"something was trying to enter. In one swoop the heavy, wooden door smashed open. A large, lizard-like humanoid slithered around the basement, looking for me. I held my breath, trying to stay as calm as possible. It dragged its heavy tail across the concrete floor. It clawed away at the storage crates, smelling the air. From this intense fear that crawled along my skin, I instinctively flew close to the ceiling. My whole body turned into a cloud of smoke, gradually working my way out of the room.

When the magic wore off, I found myself running along the tiled floors. The mall began to close in on me. The walls and ceiling seemed to narrow down. All the lights were off, except for a couple red lights. I ran and ran, without a way out. There were no doors, no windows, no lights. It was almost pitch black, where I could only see the outline of my hand.

As soon as I thought I was out of danger, another larger crocodile-like lizard crawled towards me. It wriggled across the endless hallway; his whole body reached the ceiling. Side-to-side, it’s tail whipped. I ran, without losing a single breath. My body gradually became heavier and heavier, almost as if my legs were cementing in place. Ahead of me, just a few more yards, was a glass window that stretched across all four walls of the building. The exit was so close, and yet to far. Finally, it was merely seconds away from me. The sunlight blinded me. I crashed right into it. I opened my eyes, seeing the pavement below me.

I was falling to my death.



© 2014 Decere Tiozon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

When you get this book done i hope you get this book published because I want a copy of this book

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
1 Review
Added on April 11, 2014
Last Updated on April 11, 2014
Tags: Chase, shooting, guns, mall, panic, manic


Author

Decere Tiozon
Decere Tiozon

Milwaukie, OR



About
I love to read other people's works. It's great to teach others and learn things yourself. There's so many gems out there. There's so much more to write about. Interests: Music: Pretty broad. Ho.. more..

Writing