Weird soup's fancy

Weird soup's fancy

A Story by Devanshu Rajput
"

hope you would enjoy my first non-sense attempt........

"

My dad left home for work, just another day at the office. 
 
As I was poorly he told me to stay at home for the day and eat the soup and medicines he had left on the table, all of them tasteless ugh! 
 
I slid down in the bed to keep warm, the whole blanket covered my body but I still felt cold.
Due to the cold I had, I picked up a handkerchief to wipe my leaking nose. Even a plumber would not be able to repair a leak like that! 
 
My nose became sore and rosy red, just like an apple! 
 
I really didn't want to eat the tasteless horrible soup, as the warm sickly smell came up from the bowl, I sniffed it and it really put me off. 
 
I was tired of wiping my nose. I had also lost my handkerchief in the wooly forest of the blanket.
Eventually I gave up the search and cursed the handkerchief. 
 
I got out of bed and stood up, it was hard work but my strong will helped me, the floor was really cold and felt like ice. 
 
I headed towards the living room when suddenly a sound startled me. 
 
"I was expecting you Walter." I thought that it was my sick mind's fancy. I ignored it and moved ahead. Again my ears heard the strange voice. 
 
"Eat that soup!" It was clear that it was not my fanciful mind. 
 
"Who is there?" I asked fearfully, my eyes wandering for the invisible menace. 
 
"Where are you looking? Look up." The hard voice barked. Shivering with fright, I looked for the unexpected. The ceiling fan was gazing at me with its two triangular eyes. It was horrifying! It gave an evil smile and bent its V-shaped eyebrows. 
 
"Eat that soup!" ordered the fan. 
 
I began to run as though being chased by a lion. Now I was hearing many different voices; I saw the doors slamming shut. I was yelling for help, sounds were echoing all around. I fell down the stairs. The carpet lifted me up; I was floating up in the air. It just was like a nightmare. I was thrown down on the floor. I crawled away and then began to run again. The entire house was whispering.
"Hey! You egghead, eat that soup." This time it was the camera lying on the front table that spoke and began to jump like a kangaroo. Just then the flashlight went off almost blinding me. The camera had captured my image and I covered my eyes from the blinding light. My heart was pumping faster than normal. I was sweating all over my body. I turned back and the television automatically switched on and a news anchor appeared on the screen. 
 
"A thirteen year old boy, named Walter is convicted of disrespecting his father and not eating his soup. He is sentenced to life imprisonment by the authorities.
That is all the news for today. You can't run anymore. We are tired and I think you too, are you not?" The television switched off. I was unable to understand anything and ran outside for help. I found the whole house surrounded by an army.
"Capture the whole house," The Sergeant ordered. "Where is that brat?" Everyone began to search the entire area. A bomb exploded nearby, making a large hole in the road. Helicopters were searching from above. A photograph fell into my hands. I saw myself behind bars. I was running like mad as fast as I could without any sense of direction; all the houses were too jumping too. 
 
I had forgotten how sick my body was and all that kept me going was my will. I saw my friends coming from the opposite direction, they walked stiffly like they were hypnotized but I didn't take any notice and carried on running fast. They were saying something but I couldn't hear it clearly.
When I was nearer to them I clearly heard what they were saying; "Eat the soup! Walter." I was frightened with the all strange happenings.
They held and captured like me a hostage. I tried run outside for help but the rope gripped me hard. My friends carried the bowl of soup as they came towards me.
I heard voices and recognized the voice of my friend Max saying, "Teach this brat a lesson, let him eat the soup!"
Suddenly I realized that I was in my bedroom and everything had settled down and it was calm.
I heard a loud knock at the door and my father's voice. I suddenly understood that it had all been a Nightmare!
Although the soup bowl on table still frightened me, I ate the whole soup joyfully. 
 

The End 
 

© 2013 Devanshu Rajput


Author's Note

Devanshu Rajput
this story is selected by the following website also.........

http://www.childrens-stories.net/new-writers-childrens-stories/weird~soups~fancy_devanshu~rajput.htm

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
it made me smiling throughout the story.... i find it very funny and quite odd in a fun way.... but other than that i find this very well entertaining.... eat that soup...lol...
awesome writing my friend...
you are indeed improving....
keep it up....

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Devanshu Rajput

10 Years Ago

thanks for the review.....i am happy that people are liking my first attempt
Pax

10 Years Ago

your most welcome.... in your first attemp you are already doing a great job on it!
Devanshu Rajput

10 Years Ago

thanks and welcome



Reviews

Defiantly something interesting. The way this was written, was very unique. I loved it, it was well placed, well description of a cold turning into a fever and creating hallucinations and nightmares. Well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


a spoonful of this - just what the doctor ordered!

Posted 8 Years Ago


devanshu; At one point, I thought it was a dream/nightmare but it didn't matter! I loved it and found myself laughing at all the occurances. I suppose I will always be a kid at heart and could visualize these crazy things happening completely engulfed in the story, laughing at many points, which is wonderful! I was a little thrown by the word fan. But then the plot and well written contents carried me away, to more action and well written dialouge: I'm thinking: Eat the Soup!! (thinking of my son sick). Wow, great way to wake up. Thank you so very much. Loved eat and also a well thought out title. Dale

Posted 8 Years Ago


Devanshu Rajput

8 Years Ago

Making the reader laugh, was one of my major aim, while writing this. It gives me much solace, to he.. read more
Confuser

8 Years Ago

My pleasure!
A very entertaining little story about respecting one's parents, a concept that young people in America are completely lost to, and have not an iota of an inkling about ... Bravo!

Posted 8 Years Ago


I found this extremely funny. The ceiling fan gave him orders, the house gave him orders, the television condemmed him, and an army waited for his outside. When your father says "Eat soup," it's a good idea to obey.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Devanshu Rajput

8 Years Ago

I'm really glad, that my efforts have bear fruit. Thanks for appreciating my story. It is my my firs.. read more
I am sure after a few reads you will play with it a bit or maybe just move on, but your goal was met it was fun and goofy and a great read Made me smile and I like that. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Devanshu Rajput

8 Years Ago

You must say "have a great night" lol

Devanshu
Willard Wells

8 Years Ago

Ok I forgot to check the clock. So have a good week. LOL
Devanshu Rajput

8 Years Ago

Same to you.

Devanshu
An interesting and well told narrative. Once when ill as a child I hallucinated and it was both uplifting and scary. It was Christmas approaching and I say toys and friends and cats everywhere. I kept my mother awake all night. This reminded me of that episode.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Devanshu Rajput

8 Years Ago

Hahaha. Glad I was able to give you a vibe of nostalgia.

Thanks for reading and comm.. read more
Well that was a fantastic story. Everything a story should be! Imaginative, active and a strong story line.

Very GOOD Devanshu! Top marks.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Devanshu Rajput

9 Years Ago

Thanks, Helena, for your kind words. I appreciate it.


Devanshu
you have a wonderful imagination! Keep writing.
And eat that soup, buddy xD

Posted 10 Years Ago


Devanshu Rajput

10 Years Ago

I wont eat it at any cost.

And maybe no one would like to.

Thanks for read.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1742 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2013
Last Updated on June 14, 2013
Previous Versions

Author

Devanshu Rajput
Devanshu Rajput

India



About
Dear visitor, The above graphic is message from the very core of my heart. This is indeed my abode. It has been a very long time that I am here on this site. To be honest, this site, in my .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..