Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Desolation

Desolation

A Poem by Devanshu Rajput
"

Life of a desolate. Let me make this clear:- The poem does not convey my feelings. It is just about someone who is a victim of depression, that's all!

"

I am sad and also sometimes glad,

Over the life to me bestowed.

Thinking about it makes me mad,

I should be striding on which road?

*

This life is brief and I am in grief,

I now hope for a ray of light.

Here, my life is like a fallen leaf

I wander like a string-less kite.

*

Even the satanic sky asks why,

 This cold world here is cruel to me,

 Rather than to live, I long to die,

Perhaps that way I can be free.

© 2015 Devanshu Rajput


Author's Note

Devanshu Rajput
The poem adheres a strict syllable count of :- 9,8,9,8. And, rhyme scheme is also very strict. It is one of the toughest poem by me.

The poem is not about me, it is what I got in my mind, and then I let it flow in words. I am very positive by the way.

As always, the doors for critics are always welcome. Be harsh and strict while reviewing. I want to make this good.

I thank Sir Tate and Perkele.7885, for there kindness.

Thanks for stopping by and sparing time upon my work. Reading it is as same as honoring my efforts.

I firstly had named it "Introvert" but changed it and put "Pessimist". but soon after I again changed it to "Desolation" as many reviewers told me that, introversion and pessimism are different from depression. Thanks to those reviewers.

Image source:- Google

Devanshu

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I wander like a stringless kite.
This can happen on more occasions than one.
As soon as I read this line, I thought that as a dreamer I can relate to it.
Just a thought.

Your poem is amazing. The rhyme scheme was good too.
The ideas were expressed brilliantly.
You are very cheerful and that's why its a pleasant surprise how you carved out a poem from the view point of a loner with such perfection!
Kudos!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Devanshu Rajput

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the beautiful review. I'm glad you liked it.

Devanshu
This comment has been deleted by the website administrators.



Reviews

love this nice piece. thanks for sharing the talent you possess.

Posted 6 Years Ago


a lovely poem..
very nicely explained..i completely agree with the title as well..desolation suits perfectly..
wonderful job!
i loved the rhyming scheme..
thanks for sharing

Posted 8 Years Ago


Devanshu Rajput

8 Years Ago

I am glad to have received such a beautiful review.

Thanks for the compliment.
.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the website administrators.
Yes, I can definitely see you followed a strict rhythm in here. That's not very easy to manage. I try to do this in my own poems.

As for your alias, Desolation is pretty bleak, how about Thoughtful ? Like your poem, it causes you to think.

Thanks for the submit !


Posted 8 Years Ago


Devanshu Rajput

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I am glad that you spared your time upon this piece. As, for the name, the pres.. read more
dw817

8 Years Ago

Introversion, that was a name I went by years ago. Also Dreamwalker, Topaz, and Nymph. Best wishes i.. read more
Rhyme scheme is great, really helped the poem come together and just finishes it off.
I can relate to some of this as I struggle with depression.
Its pretty impressive that you wrote this without having depression.
This was deep and meaningful and really good.
Keep writing, i really enjoyed this poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Devanshu Rajput

8 Years Ago

Really thanks for stopping by and leaving behind such a beautuful review.
cimmy wuv xxxooo

8 Years Ago

Your welcome anytime :)
Rhyming poems always attract and this poem has a special beauty, written and expressed so well

Posted 8 Years Ago


Devanshu Rajput

8 Years Ago

Thanks for your compliments. I am glad u liked it.
Usually when I write poetry, I don't focus on a rhyme scheme, so the fact that you did is very respectable. The poem itself was amazing. The use of hyperbaton is mastered in the line: "Over the life to me bestowed"

Posted 8 Years Ago


Devanshu Rajput

8 Years Ago

Hyperbatons are inevitable in.rhyming poetries. Thanks forvreading.
Very nice poem and i liked author's note that "this poem is not about me".....HaHa.....Without reading definitely anyone will start thinking the main idea of the poem is connected with your real life...Just kidding...Keep it up and i really enjoyed reading it.......Eagerly waiting to read your next poem...Thanks for sharing...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Devanshu Rajput

8 Years Ago

Many people considered it to be biographical. Thanks forvreading.
Powerful and strong words for life.
"Even the satanic sky asks why,
This cold world here is cruel to me,
Rather than to live, I long to die,
Perhaps that way I can be free."
Life is chance and death is ending. Death isn't freedom. Nothing left but bone and dust with the ending of death. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry. Made me think tonight.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2151 Views
87 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 10, 2015
Last Updated on May 13, 2015

Author

Devanshu Rajput
Devanshu Rajput

India



About
Dear visitor, The above graphic is message from the very core of my heart. This is indeed my abode. It has been a very long time that I am here on this site. To be honest, this site, in my .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..