An encounter with Aliens

An encounter with Aliens

A Story by Dev
"

Must read for the Survival of Human Beings

"
For now, this story is a Science Fiction, but I am sure that this will be a non-fictional narrative, in the future, not too far ahead. 
Life as we know it, is due to the billions of neurons transmitting electrical impulses to form a network, which gives us consciousness and responsible for the sub-consciousness in all the living beings. This electrical transfer may have been started by certain elements joining together to transfer electrons between them and in the process,somehow creating life. So, this has led me to speculate on the existence of alien life forms in this universe or probably multiverse. Now, think about those elements which coalesced to form the phenomenon that we call life. Those may not be the only elements that can combine to form life, there may be many more combinations of which we are unknown. After thinking this, we are persuaded to think that, life, after all is not limited to us but we are now limited to explore life around us.
In the future (time unpredictable), we will expand our capability to reach to a point in space where we will be able to have an encounter with Aliens, or the other way around, where the Aliens will have made possible a technological leap to find us in space. Now, there are two situations, which we will deal separately.
                                                  
                                                      Situation I

Imagine, we had the technology to find out an Alien life somewhere into the vastness of space, then we would get out of our space vehicle feeling confident that 'If we have made the technology to advance so much in space travel, then, we must have superior powers, even if not mentally, but technologically'. So, the space travelers fear less and have a much more curiosity to explore life forms on the planet. They set their foot out on the planet, which was to describe in humanistic terms: magnificent (it was about the size of our sun; now, imagine setting foot on the magnificent Sun). On this planet, because of the strong gravity due to its large size, the creatures here were almost flat on the surface, looking like crocodile on Earth, but there was no visible mouth or eyes attached to it. Their energy came from the charges they absorbed, which fell on the surface due to the absence of the magnetic field around the planet. These creatures sensed the surroundings by the heat sensors throughout their body. By the first look, we may be forced to think that this life form may not have evolved to the point we have, then, taking a closer look at it, we sense nothing about it, due to the electrical networks in our brain being thrown into disarray, on account of the presence of magnetic field caused by the flow of electrical charges in the creature. So, the other members sense of this danger and immediately back away from it. One crew member tries to take a snap, but he was not able to do so, due to the presence of magnetic fields around it, repelling the photons released from the camera, obscuring the photons from hitting the creature. They could not remain in the harsh environment for long, due to the accumulation of charges on their spacesuit resulting in a high voltage shock to them, so they returned to the space vehicle as soon as they could. Now, the crew had, in the space vehicle, a camera which returned a blurred image which was well beyond our understanding, and two members who lay unconscious due to the electric jamming that they experienced. This was our First encounter with Aliens. 

At first, we believed that we were superior to them due to our traveling so much space and reaching their planet, but indeed, we learnt a lesson that 'Whatever we may achieve is insignificant until we are fully evolved,at which point we may have nothing left for our curiosity'. This is the lesson which,the earlier the humanity realizes, the more it would have the chances of surviving the unpredictable future.  
                                                                         
                                                           Situation II

In the second situation, the Aliens would have made their space travel possible through technological evolution or even through a mere evolution, but I am skeptic about the latter due to the fact that 'Technological evolution is faster than Natural evolution', so these Aliens must have at some point of natural evolution used the aid of the things in their surroundings to their benefit, like mankind has done on Earth.

Now, these Aliens which had set foot on Earth were the masters of deception, as they could make any kind of Electromagnetic waves to bend away from them. So, visible light, which is a type of Electromagnetic wave, would bend away from them and we would not be able to see them at all. This, they achieved by using the materials in their surroundings which deflects waves around them, when the right composition of different materials were fused together. Being unaware of this fact, Human beings went about their routine work. These Aliens were evolved to the point that they could control the mind of each and every Human being on Earth. These Aliens were not bound by the earthly feelings of love,compassion,empathy etc., but were rather set out to conquer each and every species of this universe(or multiverse). They would make these species to work for them as slaves. This seemed to be the end of the human species, as we know it. Everything that we had lived for,hoped for,was coming to an end soon. Now, the phrase 'Ignorance is bliss' seemed to be perfect to the situation, as we could have done nothing to stop them from controlling our minds. We were at least able to live out till the last moment of our lives, for fear would have conquered us much earlier, had we known about it. We became their slaves and could not sense our presence in this cosmic wonder; we were like all the animals on Earth presently are. This is 'THE END' of the species with sixth sense on Earth.

Wait, not exactly 'THE END', mankind, till that time had made possible Technological evolution to colonize other heavenly bodies of the Solar system. Even though, only a small fraction of human beings lived in these heavenly bodies, it was enough for the survival of Homo sapiens, after the Alien invasion on Earth.

So, it is left for us to take a decision whether we strive to take the next quantum leap in space, and in the process, increase the chances of the survival of our species or see the end of our world like Dinosaurs saw Millions of years ago through the striking of some large Meteorite (or Asteroid) on Earth or even worse, at the mercy of some Aliens, knowingly or blissfully.           

© 2013 Dev


Author's Note

Dev
Please, review this content so that I may know my standing in the vast world of writing itself. This is my first attempt to write anything creatively, so any kind of help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your evaluation of external species approaching earth is astounding. Few syntactical mistakes exist, but, your writing knows how to grab attention. It sounds as though someone like Stephen Hawking, Arthur C.Clare or Carl Sagan would give a read since they write of the same genre. The points you have made are substantial and also creative. Evolution, agreeably, is sublime to advancement in technology and mankind. Only what bothers me or others is human nature. A lot of humans, personally, i think, are like aliens internally. Sense of compassion, pity, emotional understanding etc. are hard to come by. Colin Quinn's on-stage performance on mankind's history is riveting in such respect.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dev

11 Years Ago

Colin Quinn rocks!!!
This comment has been deleted by the poster.



Reviews

Your evaluation of external species approaching earth is astounding. Few syntactical mistakes exist, but, your writing knows how to grab attention. It sounds as though someone like Stephen Hawking, Arthur C.Clare or Carl Sagan would give a read since they write of the same genre. The points you have made are substantial and also creative. Evolution, agreeably, is sublime to advancement in technology and mankind. Only what bothers me or others is human nature. A lot of humans, personally, i think, are like aliens internally. Sense of compassion, pity, emotional understanding etc. are hard to come by. Colin Quinn's on-stage performance on mankind's history is riveting in such respect.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dev

11 Years Ago

Colin Quinn rocks!!!
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
The grammar issues get in the way of your story telling skills. It's good. It seems like it could be a message from the future or something.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like your thoughts in Situation II, and take on the increase of survival chances of a space-faring species. Sad to admit though, there are humans on Earth like the malevolent aliens you describe (OK, OK, they may not bend particles and electromagnetic energy). Ignorant bliss isn't the way to increase our survival chances as they may already manipulate the unsuspecting masses via media, government and schooling. It's as if you speak of self-knowledge, which is integral to inventiveness and creativity of individuals and entire species.

well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting. Reads more like an essay, though. That could be a new format for telling a fictional tale! Anyway, looks like you have some solid ideas, but the grammar and syntax need a little help, which is not really important to the story. But if your goal is being published, some editing will be required. And just FYI, this is coming from a professional writer. Keep up the good work and creativity. Try not to get frustrated. Getting your work published is really tough. I went the first year without a sale. Almost gave up. Glad I didn't. You have some raw talent, my friend, but it must be honed.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the concept, and believe much of it as an accurate depiction of human inevitibility. Intrigued, I offered a partial variation of the begining of section one.
Each writer posseses their own style, their unique essence, words a precise representation of the mind and spirit. I am new on this website, but will befriend you with a positive review. Writing is an important part of civilization, ever evolving. It plays a significant role in peace, of human interaction. All movies, all reported news, every communique' would be subject to scrutiny, if not suspicion. Keep writing. Good luck!
Below is a variation of part of your creation. It is NOT a critique, but a compliment.
Imagine we have the technology to locate Alien life within the vastness of space. We pursue to an encounter before at last exit our space vehicle with vested confidence knowing our capabilities, clearly displayed in the accomplishment of vast distance. We succeeded in our quest due to our own unique creation of technology to advance, the evidence of our superiority indisputable. If not exclusive to technological accomplishment then a merger perhaps suggestive of intellectual prowess, each accompanied by confidence. Fearless the conquest extends the boundaries, ever reaching. So likewise does such endeavor put to rest fear within our newly discovered other world counterparts, for such gathering could not possibly be obtained but under the premise of extensive peace and harmony of mind, of planet and by all within their universe, an intricate coordination of reverent mutual respect.
Contact is made as their presence emerges to explore life in our dimension, within a realm as vast as Earths sun. The enhanced gravity reshapes these beings, forcing them parallel as an Earth Crocodile yet devoid of visible evidence of eyes or mouth.



















Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very Outer Limit material!

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I don't normally read much nonfiction :) , but you have a wonderful idea here.
An important aspect of good writing is believability. If the reader doesn't understand the why and how of a story, they are less likely to drawn in. You have that covered here.
I can see this written as a daily log, mixed with the human/alien interaction.
Great job! You have a beautiful mind!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My new friend, Dev!

Let us develop our sixth sense together. I sense two things; perhaps more. I sense that you are a "developer." I also sense that you wish to improve your English language writing skills. I also sense that you are drawn to seek a better understanding of the nature of life, mind and sentient consciousness.

If so then we have much to discuss. As others have said, this "content" is not a story yet; simply a pondering. But the ideas are a starting point for future exchanges, discussions that may provide the basis for a story. I would be happy to discuss the concepts of exobiology and the organization of mind with you; for the purpose of mutual story development. In the process you may acquire a better understanding of the English-centric renderings of these and other similar ideas; based upon the most recent hard science as starting points, of course.

Thank you for sharing. These are favorite topics of mine. I think this "content" could be a very good place to begin work on an intriguing Science Fiction story. :)

-Ufi

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this approach. It tends to feel more like an aside or introduction to a greater narrative. I'm glad that you chose to avoid the "Humanoid" alien approach here. You paint an interesting picture with a conservative use of words. It gets to the point without meandering about with the language. Very good. Keep it up!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very interesting conseptualization of random senarios. There are so many possibilities. Science is only a observational platform from which to launch our ideas. There is spirit. it transcends space and time so evolution can opt for eiter. Or both.
Please check out my stories about the shipwreck of the Phaloes 7. they are in need of a rewrite but the concept is solid.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

880 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on February 20, 2013
Last Updated on February 23, 2013
Tags: Fiction, Science fiction, Alien, Future, Fantasy, Life, Death, Adventure, Space, Universe, Cosmos
Previous Versions

Author

Dev
Dev

Indore, M.P, India



About
I am an aspiring writer who dreams of writing novels that would entertain as well as provide reader's with insightful thoughts to ponder upon. I am UNIQUE more..

Writing
John: The Dreamer John: The Dreamer

A Chapter by Dev


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Dev



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic