Slow awakening

Slow awakening

A Story by Views_She_Writes
"

Waking up from a nightmare with a migraine.... only to face a scarier reality!

"

I know I am about to wake up in a while. But you know that blissful state of semi-consciousness when you do not want to wake up? I am in that state. I do not yet want to get conscious and wake up. So, as everyone does, I try to remain in that state of bliss for some more time.

In sometime, I realise that I have a slight headache building up. I am still in the semi conscious stage, thinking my sleep cycle has not been fulfilled. I should have slept sooner last night. Or maybe I was drinking last night. I am not able to recollect anything from last night. I don't put in much efforts to recollect. That would mean waking up and I am still not in a mood for that.

Soon, the headache starts to build up and I feel a low resonating thud pounding in my head. That is waking me up. I am hating it. I don't want to wake up yet. But I have no choice. The headache is building up with the thud of sounds coming from somewhere above me.

I try to stop it by reaching out for the sound without opening my eyes. But my fingers touch a wooden wall very near to my face. I open my eyes with a start and realize that I am in a box. The soft thuds of sound is coming from outside the box. I can also hear some chants and prayers from outside the box, the sound of which is getting softer with each thuds on the box.

It takes me a few moments to realize that I am in a coffin being buried in the ground and the people outside does not know I am still alive.

[caption id="attachment_1993" align="alignnone" width="970"]nerdist-buried-alive-image Source - Nerdist[/caption]

Featured Image source - Big Think

© 2019 Views_She_Writes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on June 2, 2019
Last Updated on June 2, 2019
Tags: nightmare, awakening, sleep, migraine, short story, fiction, suspense, thriller

Author

Views_She_Writes
Views_She_Writes

Toronto, ON, Canada



About
Reader | Writer | Blogger | Short Story Creator | Book Reviewer | Traveller | Food Blogger | Number Cruncher | Dreamer more..

Writing