Thunderstorm

Thunderstorm

A Story by Views_She_Writes
"

The feel of a thunderstorm

"

It is just noon as per the clock on the wall. But based on the ambient light in the room, it just might as well be night. The sky is clouding up and lighting is striking multiple times. Rain is dashing up my window. How do I know this? My hand is on the window and I can feel the thump of every huge drops of water hitting the window. Huge droplets of water is pouring down from the heavens above. The downpour is so heavy, both in volume and force. I can see every single droplet of water, but at the same time, almost cannot see the house across my street.

At a distance, a lighting strikes a tree and breaks it in half right through  the middle. The weather is mesmerizing me and I cannot seem to keep away from the window. There is electricity in the air because of all the lightning that is happening outside. I can smell the acrid scent of electricity around me. It is charging me from within. The wind is racing outside at a tremendous pace, making the trees bend down to almost touching the ground. Trust wind to teach humbleness to trees. I think wind is the only way a tree will touch the feet of earth while it lives. It is just a Hindu way of thinking.

Leaves separated from branches are dancing around creating a vortex-like circle in space. Empty streets with the dancing leaves makes the neighborhood feel deserted. But no one could possibly get out in this weather. It is very much possible that they just might be swept away by the wind. Clouds are swirling in the sky above, getting darker by the minute. Looking at the grey, almost black clouds above and slowly descending down towards the earth makes the moment feel like it is straight out of an apocalyptic novel. Dark grey clouds clash against black clouds generating the only source of light around in the form of lightning.

The room is getting darker by the minute but I cannot move from my place long enough to turn the lights on. The huge drops of water falling from the heavens above, the heavy winds dashing against my window and rattling the glass panes against my palm, the scent of wet earth and electricity in the air - these look and feel magical to me. I am absorbing everything that I can from the senses I have left in me. You see, I was born deaf. And I love it when thunderstorm strikes. I live my life the most while watching thunderstorm.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="1280"] Source - YouTube[/caption]

© 2019 Views_She_Writes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on June 2, 2019
Last Updated on June 2, 2019
Tags: thunderstorm, electric atmosphere, lightning, thunder, short story, fiction

Author

Views_She_Writes
Views_She_Writes

Toronto, ON, Canada



About
Reader | Writer | Blogger | Short Story Creator | Book Reviewer | Traveller | Food Blogger | Number Cruncher | Dreamer more..

Writing